Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10?

Same Problem here:

I  upgraded from Win7 to Win10 an Sandisk ReadyCache won’t work. ( 2. August 2015)

Unfortunatley i can’t deinstall the Expresscache Software, caused by an Error(one dataset is missing). Grrr.

When the software for Ready Cache Windows 10 is released?
I have three SSD Cache Ready on three computers with each Windows 10 degrees.

This thread saved me. I was wanting to update to Windows 10. Phew, I’ll stick to Windows 7 until things clear up (if ever) for Windows 10. 

@malachiluke wrote:

This thread saved me. I was wanting to update to Windows 10. Phew, I’ll stick to Windows 7 until things clear up (if ever) for Windows 10. 

It is a shame too because the only problem I’ve run into with Windows 10 is ExpressCache not working.  Besides that my upgrade was pain free…and I did an actual upgrade not a clean install as weird as that sounds.

@cee_jay wrote:

@malachiluke wrote:

It is a shame too because the only problem I’ve run into with Windows 10 is ExpressCache not working.  Besides that my upgrade was pain free…and I did an actual upgrade not a clean install as weird as that sounds.

I have one other issue with Windows 10 which I don’t like is the implementation that they have gone for on OneDrive. It’s made it almost useless current. Microsoft are looking into this and I think they might change it - can’t be certain though.

The ReadyCache issue is really down to SanDisk and nobody else. They didn’t test the upgrade and they didn’t test it working on Windows 10 as far as I can see. Come on SanDisk you have the resorces to fix this so why don’t you?!!?

Regards

Infinidim  ( a not very happy SanDisk customer )

Found a solution!!!

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post here, but I found a program that works: PrimoCache.

Download program (60 days trial)

Youtube explanation on how to set up (easy!)

The program provides a free 60 days trial. I figure that either Sandisk will come up with a solution by then, or I’ll just buy the program. Heck, I’ll buy the program anyway as a gratitude for the developer!

Today I upgraded my fathers PC from Windows 7-64 to 10, which had been speeded up by the readycache. Despite the upgradeprocess mentioning nothing about the readycache it is not working after the upgrade.

There is no way to (un)install it. I tried erasing files and the registry as directed in a post, but still the procedures complain about an existing newer setup or 1.3.2 not being able to continue.

Should I downgrade and wait for a solution?

After fighting a night and a day I now have readycache installed again. You need this expresscache version: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/sobre-o-expresscache-do-notebook-asus-vivobook/0519b546-a00f-42ae-b809-d8931637beb7?auth=1

Expresscache_Win10_x64.rar

It ended up with the message that I already had a newer version installed.

Then, when it decompresses it says it produces a file called expresscache.msi.

This file can be found somewhere around  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}. In any case it must be a new directory in this Temp-directory.

If you then start this msi with 
cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}

msiexec /i expresscache.msi /Lv* output.txt

You can watch in the log in output.txt whatever remnant is obstructing the install. I succesfully forcefully removed the found GUID with a trial of Revo uninstaller pro 3.1.4.

Now let’s see whether this thing will let itself configure as I already tried the primocache trial on the 32 GB SSD, so it has to be manually reconfigured…

Apart from the lower version, from which the driver didn’t run at first I forced the drivers to reinstall as well:

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache\excfs\excfs.inf

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\ExpressCache\excsd\excsd.inf.

Now it tells me Product is not licensed to run on this system.

So it is not really a Sandisk-program at all… Bad luck… However Windows 10 native caching is speeding up, it can find things in the menu-search now…

Luckily the Sandisk 1.3.2 version I already had running on Windows 7 is now progressing further in the install and asks me to restart…

@rmast wrote:

After fighting a night and a day I now have readycache installed again. You need this expresscache version: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/sobre-o-expresscache-do-notebook-asus-vivobook/0519b546-a00f-42ae-b809-d8931637beb7?auth=1

Expresscache_Win10_x64.rar

It ended up with the message that I already had a newer version installed.

Then, when it decompresses it says it produces a file called expresscache.msi.

This file can be found somewhere around  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}. In any case it must be a new directory in this Temp-directory.

If you then start this msi with 
cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp{E1E38DF6-5231-4B7C-B798-0708709777BC}

msiexec /i expresscache.msi /Lv* output.txt

You can watch in the log in output.txt whatever remnant is obstructing the install. I succesfully forcefully removed the found GUID with a trial of Revo uninstaller pro 3.1.4.

Now let’s see whether this thing will let itself configure as I already tried the primocache trial on the 32 GB SSD, so it has to be manually reconfigured…

Interesting what you have found here but I need the 32 bit version of the driver. This one is 64 bit.

Maybe SanDisk might even get their act together and sort it out quickly. If they don’t they will loose a lot of customers for this product.

They basically don’t seem to care about customers though.

Regards

Infinidim

@rmast wrote:

Luckily the Sandisk 1.3.2 version I already had running on Windows 7 is now progressing further in the install and asks me to restart…

Your very lucky as you are coming from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have the failed situation of going from Windows 8.1.1 to Windows 10 Pro and I can’t either un-install or re-install currently and SanDisk support seems to be usseless.

Regards

Infinidim

“Expresscache can not launch. Try using the original user account for the first time.”

As far as I know the ‘user account’ hasn’t changed during the Windows 10 upgrade…

Removing the 1.3.2 driver again gives a 1603… I’ve seen that before… Running in circles…

@rmast wrote:

Removing the 1.3.2 driver again gives a 1603… I’ve seen that before… Running in circles…

Completely agree.

SanDisk / Moderators do something about this urgently…

Regards

Infinidim

The uninstall error you are seeing is not related to Windows 10. Expresscache has two elements.

1. The Expresscache driver
  2. The Expresscache GUI

Both of these elements show in the control panel. The driver shows as Expresscache and the GUI shows as Expresscache app. If you uninstall Expresscache (the driver) first then try to uninstall Expresscache App (the GUI) uninstalling Expresscache app will fail. This is because the GUI is trying to uninstall the driver and it is no longer there.

If you are runing into this issue you must manually uninstall the GUI. Going forward you will need to uninstall expresscache app and it will remove the driver as well.

That said Expresscache still is not compatible with Win 10 at this time. From what I understand they are working on it but I have not seen any additional info on any update or release for this software. 

See the link below for manual uninstall instrucitons. 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-ReadyCache-SSD/Uninstall-Error/m-p/339713/highlight/true#M1606 

I have the same problem ¡¡ It doesnt work with windows 10

I recently came across this thread which I will be following with great interest.  I have an 18 mo HP Desktop equipped with a ScanDisk Ready Cache 16 Gb drive.  Fortunately I have not yet updated from 8.1 to W-10 because I came across this issue just moments before I was ready to download/install W-10.  I hope there is a solution for this soon because this cache drive does wonders with my machine and I wouldn’t move to W-10 without it.

I read ‘readyboost’ (standard solution of Windows) should be able to handle more than 4GB on a non-fat drive from Windows 7on … Going to try that…

Fast formatted the drive to NTFS with driveletter, claimed it completely for readyboost from the properties of the driveletter.

It seems to ■■■■ up some data, though it’s only passed the 500 megabytes yet after a few reboots, (visible with perfmon) so it’s not very quick.

The purple line of ‘read from cache’ seems to jump up for starting the apps I often start (all the browsers and Word), however when I restart the performance seems to drop again, so I’m not sure whether all speed comes from the Sandisk SSD yet.

At reboot I still have to await some starting processes till it responds to the mouse, hope the crisp response returns…