SanDisk User

VMWare & ReadyCache Problem

Hi all;

Is this product not compatible with VMWare?

Whenever i try to work on my virtual machine (VmWare Windows 7), my hdd starts to read or write somethings like crazy and after a while either it freezes or it tries to continue like normal (but only tries...)

And this situation repeats simulately.

Does anyone have this kind of problem?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: VMWare & ReadyCache Problem

Sandisk markets FlashSoft, an enterprise level solution that supports VMWare and utilizes ExpressCache technology, a glmpse of some of the complexity required here: http://www.sandisk.it/products/flashsoft/vsphere/ , but I don't think ExpressCache by itself will work in that environment -- it is designed to work with a single hard disk that boots Win 7 or 8 directly.

Sandisk experts, feel free to correct me!

Hi

I have the same problem too. On earlier versions, I got this problem when the computer was under heavy load.

On more recent versions I seem to only have this problem with VMWare virtual machines.

I reported this when it happened and Sandisk sent me another drive, but no improvement. It's a software problem

SanDisk User

Did you find any solution?

My only solution is to disable ReadyCache before running VMWare. (It still not a %100 solution, sometimes VMWare freezes but not so often.)