Ultra+ SSD Firmware Version X2306RL released

Notice for users that Previously upgraded to Firmware Version X2316RL

Some systems have a compatibility issue with the USB or CD-ROM bootable system image and the FFU does not start or fails during the FW update process. There are no issues with the firmware and if you previously upgraded successfully you will not be affected by this issue. While we investigate this matter, we have decided to remove the new firmware from the SSD Toolkit

Download SSD Toolkit (version 1.0.0.0) (18MB)
Release notes for

Download and install the SanDisk SSD toolkit. Once installed you can use the update tab to update the firmware of your SSD. For instructions see the SSD toolkit help file. 

New changes since version X211200:

• Enhanced UECC robustness in the event of an unexpected system power loss.
  • Enhanced thermal throttling responsiveness under high temperature low power states.

Known issues:

• None

Hi, I just tried to update the firmware using both the SSD Toolkit and the manual method and both times it failed to update the firmware after rebooting into either a flash drive or a CD. It goes through the motions, I select the correct drive, it tells me there is an update, I proceed with the update, then it tells me it failed. Ultra Plus 256 GB - SDSSDHP-256G-G25 is on the bar code of the box, but the toolkit identifies the model number as SanDisk SDSSDH2256G. Toolkit identifies the firmware currently as X211200. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem.

Even with SSD toolkit procedure or manual download.

My disk is SDSDHP-128 on the bar code sticker but it is reconized as SDSSDH2-128 on the SSD toolkit info drive.

It’s strange…

Thank for help :slight_smile:

if you are able to boot into the update tool and it shows the update is available then fails you will need to contact sandisk support. It would seem there is some issue writiung to the FW area of the SSD. it would likely need to be replaced. 

I found a solution :

I ran the update with another computer supporting AHCI protocol.

My regular desktop PC doesn’t manage it.

And it’s done !

1 Like

Hi. I bought sandisk ultra plus 256gb ssd, installed windows 8 pro 64bit. Checked ssd smart,trim etc and everything works fine. But i can’t update the firmware. Ssd toolkit says updating firmware failed. I tried with flash drive, cd and manual update method but it doesnt work either. I plugged the ssd on another pc to update the firmware and still cant update it. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my bad english.

contact sandisk support. the ssd will need to be replaced. 

Is there a Tookkit for the Macintosh?  My SSD firmware is X211200 and wondered how to update it.  I do have Windows 7 emulation but probably would be best to do any updating in the native OS, correct?

Tom

You do not update in the OS. You create boot media with the FW upgrade tool on it and use that to Boot the machine and upgrade the FW. There is no tool kit for Mac but there is a sticky at the top of this board with the FW ISO. Download the correct ISO and burn that to a CD to upgrade the FW of the SSD. 

Where is X2316RL?

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Ultra-Plus-SSD/Ultra-SSD-Firmware-Version-X2306RL-released/m-p/294746/highlight/true#M31

The notice is posted in the thread above

Notice for users that Previously upgraded to Firmware Version X2316RL

Some systems have a compatibility issue with the USB or CD-ROM bootable system image and the FFU does not start or fails during the FW update process. There are no issues with the firmware and if you previously upgraded successfully you will not be affected by this issue. While we investigate this matter, we have decided to remove the new firmware from the SSD Toolkit

I’m using these SSDs. occasional freezing is going on in the system. screen crashes. system crashes

When using the HDD was not anything like that before. I wonder what could have caused

Is there a Mac version of this toolkit?

Is the optical drive the CD is burned to mandatory to be internal?  I moved mine to external in favor of putting the original 750 GB Hybrid SSD into its place.  The kit came with an enclosure for the optical drive for the few times you need an optical drive nowadays.  Also, my current Firmware is: X211200 - how “important” (I use that term lightly as I believe all updates/upgrades are important)  is this to do to the drive? Which BTW it is working flawlessly; not one issue with it. ::::knocking on wood::::  <grin>

Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciuated.  Note to self: check these boards often for replies (wish they had an automatic reminder when a post is made) - But thanks to SanDisk for all this that they do for their customers.

Tom

@drlucky wrote:

You do not update in the OS. You create boot media with the FW upgrade tool on it and use that to Boot the machine and upgrade the FW. There is no tool kit for Mac but there is a sticky at the top of this board with the FW ISO. Download the correct ISO and burn that to a CD to upgrade the FW of the SSD. 

I think I got the right download of the FW, but was not sure what you were referring to as the “sticky at the top of this board” related to it.  Want to make sure I have the correct stuff.

Tom

stickies are the posts that appear at the top of each board.

X211200 was the original FW when the drive started shipping. You should update to X2316RL.

You should be able to burn the ISO image using the external CD burner. I have never tested this however if you have issues booting from that CD and updating the FW you may want to put the internal CDROM back in in order to update.