TRIM support for raid 0

I found this article stating that for those of use who run a raid 0 configuration with the new Intel Z77 chipset, we have TRIM support for their drives.  The article that I read is the link below.

Intel Brings TRIM to RAID-0 SSD Arrays on 7-Series Motherboards

I must say the speed from two ssd in a raid 0 array really is addicting, if you have a z77 chipset I highly suggest you set up an array.

1 Like

Yes, very nice to have TRIM in RAID 0, that is for SSDs that have firmware whose TRIM functionality works.

Hi Parsec, were you able to have TRIM to work? Would you please be kind enough to share the quick steps in setting this up?

@mithcd wrote:
Hi Parsec, were you able to have TRIM to work? Would you please be kind enough to share the quick steps in setting this up?

I think it was meant as sarcasm :slight_smile:

@swampster wrote:

@mithcd wrote:

I think it was meant as sarcasm :slight_smile:

That is correct of course.

There is very little set up required, the link in the first post explains it all quite well. Windows 7,  Intel 7 series chipset (except X79), Intel RAID driver (IRST) version 11.0 or above, and Intel RAID Option ROM (included with BIOS) version 11.0 or above.

“But what about my…”? As of this date, that’s all that supports TRIM in RAID 0, the end.