Sandisk extrême speed link at Sata 1 ?

@0fred wrote:

i have the same problem with my Gigabyte M68MT-S2 (AM3+ MB) with nVidia nforce 630a/7025 chipset.

Only Sata 1 spec for Sandisk extrem 120 ssd …

So i update with the last nVidia SATA drivers = no results.

I update last Sandisk firmware (rev 2.01) = nothing change.

My WD HDD caviar green is faster and OK on SATA 2 spec…

So if Sandisk aren’t able to fix it quickly, i return the ssd for it’s bad performances  

The NVIDIA SATA chipsets are infamous for their poor performance and their inability to negotiate SATA II speeds with SSDs. Every SSD manufactures forum contains posts from users with NVIDIA chipsets and their issues with getting only SATA I speeds. This is a well known issue with NVIDIA chipsets and SSDs. Nothing can be done, those chipsets are a poor product and no longer made by NVIDIA, and haven’t been for several years.

You can return your SanDisk Ex and get another SSD, but the result will be the same, the SSD will operate at SATA I speed. This is not a problem with the SanDisk SSD. Your money is better spent on getting a mother board with a good SATA chipset that will function with modern hardware correctly.

Can you even set the SATA mode to AHCI in your BIOS on the NVIDIA chipset? Usually that cannot be done. Yet another reason a SSD won’t perform well on such a system. Does NVIDIA provide a AHCI driver? If you have Windows 7 you could use their AHCI driver, msahci, but it’s doubtful the NVIDIA chipset can operate in AHCI mode.