SanDiskSecureAccess V3.0.2 on Windows10 has major PROBLEMS!!!

I bought a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 1TB and connected it to a Windows 10 Laptop.  I could copy and store files ok on it. 

The problems are with the SanDiskSecureAccess software:  

1.  Software automatically, and without prompting me, connects to WiFi networks (even when I’m not connected to WiFi) and checks for update.  That’s Crazy!

2.  After the update, the software does not allow you to setup the password to the Vault (to encrypt files).  The “OK” button is always grayed out and you can’t click on it. That means you can’t setup the Vault.  

3.  If you don’t click “Cancel” and delete the password, the software assigns arbitrary password and will lock you out of the vault.

4.  Most of the time, I’m not connected to the Internet and I certainly don’t want to move encrypted files while connected to Internet.  Requiring an Internet connection every time I want to launch the encryption software is ridiculous as I want to use it when I’m NOT connected to the Internet.

5.  SanDisk really needs to address the above flaws in the software.  These are not bugs but major problems.  SanDisk:  Please let me know when the above are problems are fixed.  

I have been using secure access for quite a while and the issues you are having I have never seen nor do I think the software can even do. 

1. The software will look for updates if there is an Internet connection. If there is no Internet connection the software will skip the update check and open what ever version it is. The software does not have any code to allow it to join a network or enter any password to connect you to any network. 

2. It is not accepting your password because you have not met the security requirement. You have all of them checked and the one in red has not been met. Either use both number and letters in the password or uncheck that security requirement option. 

3. the software does not assign an arbitrary password. the only way to set a password is for you to configure it. 

4. you can use this stand alone with no Internet. 

5. None of the things you list seem to be bugs. Honestly it seems to be user error. If you are having a hard time understanding the software I would suggest contacting sandisk support and they can walk you through how to use it. 

1.  I’m a computer savvy person and you’re a user of SanDisk.  The new version 3.0.2 does automatically connect to WiFi and I watched it do it several times.  Suggest you download V3.0.2 on a new SanDisk SSD and see for yourself the automatic connection. 

2.  I’m going to check out the red security requirement. 

I tried with 3.0.2 and it absolutely does not automatically connect to the internet. I removed secure access from my sandisk 510 ssd and downloaded 3.0.2. I then disconnected from wifi and then installed secure access. the installation completed as expected and did not at any time connect to a network. 

Are you sure you dont have your network settings configured to connect to available networks automatically? The secure access application does not contain and code that directs a computer to connect to a network so there is something else connecting to the internet. 

I tried to duplicate the problem with another SanDisk drive and I couldn’t.  I tried a third one without any problems. 

Something on my machine was turning on the connection to the Internet, right after I launch SecureAccess (happened twice, not once).  Either that or SanDisk AI recognized and fixed the problem :-) 

It looks like I have a separate issue with my laptop. 

Anyway, respectfully withdraw the issue.  

1 Like

I tried with 3.0.2 and it absolutely does not automatically connect to the internet. I removed secure access from my sandisk 510 ssd and downloaded 3.0.2. I then disconnected from wifi and then installed secure access. the installation completed as expected and did not at any time connect to a network. 

@celia wrote:

I tried with 3.0.2 and it absolutely does not automatically connect to the internet. I removed secure access from my sandisk 510 ssd and downloaded 3.0.2. iTunesMobdroTutuAppI then disconnected from wifi and then installed secure access. the installation completed as expected and did not at any time connect to a network.