SanDisk 128 GB not seen

Hello,

Just bought several SanDisk 128 SSD as an upgrade for laptops en PC’s. Have been doing this before with different brands. Kingston, Corsair, Intel. Never a problem happy customers. On a short notice the SanDisk was the only available disk.

The disk is seen by the BIOS but not by CloneZilla, Acronis of even fdisk. This happened on several machines with several SanDisk SSD’s

What’s (am  doing) wrong ?

Thanks

you say this is happening on several PC and with several SanDisk SSD. How many exactly? we ahve never seen any reports here with anyone else reporting this issue.

If the suggestion below does not work we would need some more information about the computers you are seeing this issue with. We need make, model, SATA chipset, BIOS version, SATA config, SATA driver for the hardware what cloning apps you are using and versions. 

That said if a drive is seen in the BIOS but not by cloning software it is usually an issue with the partition. Try using a windows installtion disk and use diskpart to clean the partition. 

1. Insert the windows 7 DVD into the DVD drive.
    2.On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt window opens.
    3.Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.
    4.Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.
    5.Type sel disk number, and then press ENTER. number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.
    6.Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.
    7.Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk.

All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.
8.Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

1. Continue istallation of Windows OS by using automatic partitioning scheme rather than creating partitions yourself.

Perhaps you also need to install the drivers here. What does your device manager look like?

Perhaps you could help with the matter I already raised with SanDisk support and my motherboard vendor support, yet to no result.

I have a computer with an MSI B75A-G43 MoBo with AMI BIOS V10.7, the latest available. I have recently purchased the 128 GB SSD from SanDisk. It is not seen by the BIOS. The disk is OK, connected as a second drive to another computer with several years old Gigabyte MoBo it was seen both by BIOS and the OS (WinXP Home) and using Disk Management utility I was able to initilise it, partition and format.

When I connect it to my new computer with the MSI MoBo, despite activating SATA AHCI mode in BIOS, the disk is not seen. Electrical connections are OK - the system boots with a standard HDD connected to the same power supply connector and SATA ribbon to the first SATA port. But when I conect the SSD and boot the computer from Windows 7 Home 64 bit instlalation CD, Windows sees no disk to install itself on (I disconnected all secondary drives). When I tell Windows to look for necessary drivers on the chpset driver CD supplied with the motherboard, it reports no signed appropriate drivers were found.

Apparently this seems to be a BIOS compatibility problem, MSI has promised to work on it, but takes time. Perhaps someone has come across similar problem and knows a workaround? I was planning to set up my computer under Win7 over Easter, but seems there is no chance.

UPDATE:

MSI support have sent me a link to their new release of AMI BIOS - V10.8 I upgraded and the SSD is still not seen by the BIOS on boot, despite seleting the AHCI SATA mode.

Indeed drivers maybe needed…where are the drivers???

I look in the dutch belgium italian english site and cant find any!

Download is down>>? :frowning:

Gabriele

There are no driver fro sandisk. You will use either the Microsoft AHCI driver included in Win 7 and Win 8 or you will need to get the driver from your motherboard manufacturer. 

follow this steps and your issue should be resolved

STEP 1 - Backup the registry

1. Unplug the device from the USB port.
  2. Run regedit.
    windows XP: go to start > Run, type in regedit after which click adequate.
    home windows 7, 8 and Vista: click the begin button, type regedit in the search field, after which press input.
    Window 10: kind regedit, within the ‘search the web and home windows’ field (decrease-proper) and then pick ‘Regedit - Run Command’.

three. From the registry menu, choose record > Export.
4. name the record SNDK.reg and store it to your computing device.

STEP 2 - take away SanDisk data from the registry

warning: DO not delete any registry key aside from keys that include VID_0781. Deleting registry keys other than keys that encompass VID_0781 may also reason your pc to now not boot nicely.

1. From the registry menu, click Edit and pick find.
  2. kind in VID_0781 and click locate next.
    three. as soon as the quest finishes, right-click the highlighted registry key and select delete.
  3. Press the F3 key to locate the following registry key that consists of VID_0781.
    five. proper-click on the highlighted registry key and pick delete.
  4. Repeat this technique until the hunt returns with out a effects determined.

sincerely

jayesh roshan