Readycache randomly fails on me

IIRC there is a bug where it will sometimes show that error but it is a false detection. When the error occurs open the command line and run eccmd -info if it shows the status is caching it is a false detction. 

@drlucky,

Has this bug been reported so it can be fixed?

:dizzy_face:

Okay this just happened again to me :neutral_face:

Gonna keep readycache uninstalled till this annoying bug is fixed.

it happens again and again and again!:angry:

Can anyone confirm if the eccmd -info command is still showing active after this error message pops up?

I don’t see “active” on the screen even if it’s working

but I took a screenshot when it reported ExpressCache was unavailable

I just installed ExpressCache yesterday and had it display the same pop-up a couple of times. Fortunately, I was able to exit the ExpressCache system tray and close the applicaton, wait a bit, then restart the ExpressCache application. The SSD cache seems to be still in use and functional even though the message seemed to indicate that the Ready Cache SSD was unavailable.  The System and Application event logs show no events associated with the SSD device or the ExpressCache software. If the SSD is failing or in-accessable, I would expect the ExpressCache driver to log an error event into the system event log, since it is handling the i/o to the SSD.

I wonder if this issue is what sets off my raid card alarm, which is especially annoying because i have no way of disabling that.  

This looks like it is a false detection. The eccmd -info command seems to show caching is still active. 

Hm whatever it is, its getting annoying, having removed it from the raid card to stop the occasional alarms, it just flushes to zero after filling up, and not in a way that sets off a dialog box popup, its just the “normal” behavior but its flushing way more than necessary, the chart doesn’t show enough history for me to catch exactly when it happens but everyonce in a while when I look its back down to almost empty again.  

am3 gigabyte ma78lm-s2h board

Also the cache doesn’t grow very fast after that, I guess its lost all record of what it had cached before, so its  long wait to rebuild.

Thats kinda what happens when theres a flush without a warning, no dialog box complaining about contents not matching or whatever, it just goes from full to empty silently.  Took me a while to catch it.    Only thing i was doing at that moment was loading another instance of steam in sandboxie, but i never had trouble when it was on the raid card so its probably not liking the drive controller on the mb?  but of course as I said before, it liked to set off my raid cards alarm so it became useless there.

I’m passed my return period for this thing, and its been quite a while and its not acting like an invisible cache as it should be:( I hope you guys are still working on this.

Can you also open the command line and run the eccmd -info command and post the results?

It failed me this morning too…

The cache was over 25gb. I closed my computer normally at night. Opened at the morning then scandisk activated.

Because of auto scandisk cache reset itself.

Everything were normal about 1 month (generally it’ s ok about 1 month.).

The only diffirence was i started a torrent which is about 20 - 25gb.

@drlucky wrote:

Can you also open the command line and run the eccmd -info command and post the results?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>eccmd -info
ExpressCache Command Version 1.3.110.0
Copyright⌐ 2010-2013 Condusiv Technologies.
Date Time: 2/3/2014 20:33:28:571 (ZUCCHINI-PC #47)

EC Cache Info

Mounted                   : Yes
Partition Size            : 29.82 GB
Reserved Size             : 3.00 MB
Volume Size               : 29.82 GB
Total Used Size           : 1.21 GB
Total Free Space          : 28.60 GB
Used Data Size            : 1.14 GB
Used Data Size on Disk    : 1.21 GB

Tiered Cache Stats

Memory in use             : 0 Bytes
Blocks in use             : 0
Read Percent              : 0.00%

Cache Stats

Cache Volume Drive Number : 0
Total Read Count          : 21037
Total Read Size           : 386.99 MB
Total Cache Read Count    : 1640
Total Cache Read Size     : 15.75 MB
Total Write Count         : 17902
Total Write Size          : 703.15 MB
Total Cache Write Count   : 283
Total Cache Write Size    : 1.52 MB

Cache Read Percent        : 4.07%
Cache Write Percent       : 0.22%

C:\Windows\system32>

And yes the cache just crashed to zero again

also what does that stuff mean?

eccmd /? doesn’t really help, so its hard to tell what the stats actually are saying.

(sorry for my english - I wrote in haste on google translation)

I had similar problems with this in recent days , but managed to solve

it all started because I decided to change the cache size ExpressCache ( was 25gb before)

had a 25gb cache space and the remainder with a partition and wanted to reduce 20gb cache partition to have a nearly 10gb ssd ( as now)

thought to uninstall the application and reinstall everything was running normally

reduce the cache space and made a new partition with 10gb and almost al would try reinstalling the application of ExpressCache to give the new cache size but after reinstalling the application when it was kept open with blank page , no graphics , no cache

how could not I started to remove everything that was associated with " ExpressCache " on the computer’s registry (regedit) but again did not work and more problems

now on install was not installing drivers and always asked to restart the computer and reinstall

that’s when I remembered I could use restoring my windows system and I did

after doing the restore the application still with blank page , no graphics , no-cache , again

then went back to try uninstalling and reinstalling the application and already went well

@wetnap wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>eccmd -info
ExpressCache Command Version 1.3.110.0
Copyright⌐ 2010-2013 Condusiv Technologies.
Date Time: 2/3/2014 20:33:28:571 (ZUCCHINI-PC #47)

EC Cache Info

Mounted                   : Yes
Partition Size            : 29.82 GB
Reserved Size             : 3.00 MB
Volume Size               : 29.82 GB
Total Used Size           : 1.21 GB
Total Free Space          : 28.60 GB
Used Data Size            : 1.14 GB
Used Data Size on Disk    : 1.21 GB

Tiered Cache Stats

Memory in use             : 0 Bytes
Blocks in use             : 0
Read Percent              : 0.00%

Cache Stats

Cache Volume Drive Number : 0
Total Read Count          : 21037
Total Read Size           : 386.99 MB
Total Cache Read Count    : 1640
Total Cache Read Size     : 15.75 MB
Total Write Count         : 17902
Total Write Size          : 703.15 MB
Total Cache Write Count   : 283
Total Cache Write Size    : 1.52 MB

Cache Read Percent        : 4.07%
Cache Write Percent       : 0.22%

C:\Windows\system32>

And yes the cache just crashed to zero again

Did you get the error that the ReadyCache SSD was unavailable? If not this thread has a few different issues. If you simply got an unexpected cache reset there is a new FAQ with possible causes for random resets. Do any of the things described apply to your set up?

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14336/kw/cache%20reset 

In some cases data integrity is failing.

For example in my case, i witnessed that, my empty space in C drive decreased to 900MB. As soon as i saw that i started a checkdisk in my C drive, after the checkdisk (i did not reboot my computer) the free space expand to 10GB.

If i didn’ t see this data integrity and started checkdisk while running Windows, probably my computer is going to start checkdisk after my first reboot and cache will going to reset itself.

I don’ t know what triggered it, but it’ s a serious problem.

It appears that you have I/O errors on your C: HDD and therefore the cache on the ReadyCache SSD will be invalidated (reset) since the I/O errors means the HDD and SSD are not in sync anymore.