My SSD Hard Disk freezes intermittently.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/987378-how-to-switch-from-ide-to-ahci-without-repairingreinstalling-windows/

Go here and do what he says. I tried for days to stop OCZ Vertex3 to quit freezing and making me wait. Searched and tried so many things that didn’t work. Including SSD Utilties.

Well when I changed the value for the below instructions \CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide to 0 it fixed the Freezing and waiting for unfreeze to continue doing things it stopped all hesitatsions and Freezing. Was in HP DV6000 That I installed Windows 7 Pro onto standard IDE. When I cloned it I went through freezes that killed the time SSD Drive Enhanced…

No setting in HP’s Cheap Bios to set so i skipped last direction. Thank God

You start with step 1 while you are still in windows in IDE mode.

1. Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
  2. Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
  3. Set the “Start” value to 0 (zero)
  4. Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
  5. Set the “Start” value to 0 (zero)
  6. Shut down
  7. Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to “AHCI”. Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.