MacbookPro Extreme SSD Read/Write speed

I’m just wondering why my read and write speeds are not as fast as they should be. 

and help would be much appreicated.

Here are some specs that I am getting currently. 

This is from a mid2009 macbook pro.

one thing is that the black magic benchmark uses uncompressed data. The speeds advertized are using compressed data. Xbench is a benchmark tool that uses compressed data. 

That said your macbook is from 09. It may be using the older nvidia SATA chipset that has compatibility issues with these ssds.  At the top of the system info screen see what your negotiated SATA link is. it should show your chipset and negotiated SATA link speed. The older SATA chipsets really are not capable of faster transfer speed. 

it say’s link speed is 3 gigabit 

AHCI Version 1.20 Supported

Here’s is Xbench’s result’s

EDIT : If anyone else is having issue’s, i’m just going to link this post which has a lot of reading and some answers.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Extreme-SSD/Sandisk-extr%C3%AAme-speed-link-at-Sata-1/td-p/270961

if you ahve either the Nvidia MCP89 or the Intel 5 Series SATA chipset you are seeing the fastest performace you will be able to get. 

Hi, i’m getting the exacts numbers as you.  I have the ssd installed in a Macbook Pro Mid-2010, 8gb of Ram, intel core duo 2.4.

I was wondering if i screwed the installation.  I’m hoping to find the anwser here.

Thank You

the speed you are seeing is just about the MAX you will see in the older MAC laptops. Nothing you can do to get it faster. 

Hi,

I have the same SSD and a Macbook Pro 2010 Duo Core 2.4 8g ram. I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my os, Mountain Lion, over to the SSD. I only get 100 MB read and write when running benchmark. I have TRIM enabled. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Thanks.

the clon probably didnt align the drive. that said also look at your system information for Serial ATA. IF you ahve the Nvidia MPC79 SATA chip set there is a bug that will only negotiate to SATA 1 speed and even if you had the drive aligned it would only get about 130MB/s

same goes to mine and mind me askin why my SandDisk CloudSpeed ULTRA Gen II SATA SSD 1.6 TB on Macbook pro Os Sierra READ is slower than WRITE?

MacBook Pro 15inch 2012 non-Retina 2.7Ghz i7 Quad-Core A1286

16GB 1866mhz DDR3L RAM

SandDisk CloudSpeed ULTRA Gen II ENTERPRISE SATA SSD 1.6TB

2TB FIRECUDA SSHD

MAC OS SIERRA 10.12.6

Wow

nice

regard

Jio offers