Macbook Pro Link Speed 1.5G instead 3G

Seems than other brands like OZC got a solution for this issue. Do you think that is better to return the disk and get a working properly oneform another manufactur?

currently the only manufacturer that has this working is OCZ and it is a work around that pins the drive to SATA 3Gb. 

Hi,

I had been in contact directly with SanDisk Support (Lance Carpenter) regarding this issue as well, since May.  He mentioned that it has been brought to the attention of the SanDisk Engineers and were in the process of discussing possible solutions.  He also told me to continue to check the forums.  Is there any progress to report?

Thanks,

~Casey

I’ve the same problem here, in my macbook pro late 2008 :frowning:

Just installed the 240Gb extreme… Really hope that you will solve this asap.

I chose sandisk insted of samsumg fot the good review i’ve read…I hope to not have to regret the choice…

No new information to report as of yet. 

I hope to have some news asap, couse i have 5 more days to get back my sandisk and buy somithing else…

Dear All,

I wonder if there is any solution to this problem. I have exactly this problem it says Speed Link is 3.0G but negotiated one is 1.5G. I have extreme 120GB disk and Lion 10.7.4 installed. If I knew this problem I would reconsider my purchase of this disk. I hope Sandisk engineers find a get around solution of this problem. Therefore I have Macbook pro 5,3 which is a mid 2009 unibody macbook pro.

OCZ and Samsung ssd work with Mac and Nvidia chips… OCZ have found a solutions weeks ago.

I really hope that Sandisk does the same quickly.

To be onest i’m a little disappointed that they did not say anything about this till now.

Italian customer care in first said that the problem is coused by Apple… after my replay they said that they was working to find a solution but they was not able to say how long it will take.

Maybe next time i’ll buy a ssd i’ll read more about it… or simply try another manufacter.

@gotetrunks

I totally agree with you, OCZ found a solution almost a month ago. I almost read all the available discussions on the internet and still don’t know why it is so hard to accomplish this task. I still check everyday for a solution from SANDISK, no reply so far .

Same here with a Sandisk 480GB on a MacBook Pro mid 2009, thought it was good value. My Seagate Momentus XT is sitting on the desk laughing its belly off!

Support have been friendly but with little scope for helping:  “We will surely come up with the fix as soon as our engineers are able to resolve this issue after working with LSI Sandforce, however at this point I apologize we do not know when the fix would be released.”

Is there any update on this? I still have 5 days to return this drive and would like to know if there is a fix going to happen any time soon. I have a unibody macbook 2009

thanks 

My Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2009 (MacBookPro5,3) has same issue with the SanDisk Extreme 480GB. I enabled trim, but link speed remains always at 1.5Gb. 

Tweet about this problem to @SanDisk.

I just did that… maybe if we go public and other people see, Sandisk will give us an answer… after taking ours good money for a not so good item…

I agree, I just purchased the extreme 240gb drive and am having the same issue on my 2009 Macbook pro. I wish I could have read this forum before I bought the drive. I hope SanDisk acknowledges its users soon.

ok, so I dont know if any of you have tried this. But if you shutdown, then power it on, it typically goes to 1.5Gbps. After having it on, restart the computer and for the last several times for me its worked to get to 3Gbps.

Was stoked to get my SanDisk 256 Extreme but tired of 1.5 Negotiated Link Speed, so putting it on eBay and going for a OCZ.  Other option is a Crucial 512Gb but in process of reseaching Link Speeds. They are all coming down rapidly in price and are all up there in the superfast realm.  Well as superfast as a 3G 2009 MacBook Pro  can go anyhow. All the best y’all

@javierr88 wrote:

ok, so I dont know if any of you have tried this. But if you shutdown, then power it on, it typically goes to 1.5Gbps. After having it on, restart the computer and for the last several times for me its worked to get to 3Gbps.

Does not work for me…

Also need this fixed. I bought this 240G to update from an OCZ 60G. 

The OCZ 2.1 updater fixed the fallback to 1.5G problem with thier Sandforce controller:

NVidia MCP79 AHCI:

Vendor:NVidia

Product:MCP79 AHCI

Link Speed:3 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed:3 Gigabit

Description:AHCI Version 1.20 Supported

OCZ-VERTEX3:

Capacity:60.02 GB (60,022,480,896 bytes)

Model:OCZ-VERTEX3   

OCZ fixed it way back in October 19, 2011 with thier 2.15 firmware update.

It seems it’s a link speed negotiating issue. For customers with this Nvidia issue, can Sandisk provide a tool to both lock the drive to SATA II (which prevents the fallback to 1.5 issue), or unlock it to negotiate to SATA III?

This would prevent the fallback to 1.5 issue, and allow a customer to later move the drive to a newer Mac.

There is precedent for this; another vendor provided a a bootable tool to do this, back in February.