Fail on excluding removable disk from cahing (error 0x32 (50))

I have large removal disk (USB storage) for backing-up my system.

When I entered “eccmd -exclude t” command to exclude removal disk (Drive T:) from cahing,

I got a error message,  “**ERROR** ECCmd exited with error 0x32 (50)”.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and I tried to excute above command with Administrator priviledge.

Please help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

the only eccmd commands and parameters that are supported by the retail version of the software is eccmd -info. none of the OEM parameters are supported in this version. 

Look at neighboring topic:
ExpressCache problem: “A partition already exists"

It appears that these/some commands work.

If you do not - in which case - how it would look cooperation with the disk placed in memory (ram disk)? So that version of the EC would not make any sense…

zjk

I am using ExpressCache 1.0.100 version and ExpressCache Command Version 1.0.100.0,

When I try to exclude my local disk d:, it works.

As I said before the eccmd commands and parametors are not supported in the retail version. These are intended for OEM and developer use. Regardless if one command works or not it is not supported. 

I’m sorry, but you’re not telling the whole truth.

I enclose a readme.txt file from installation directory ExpressCache
(c:\Parogram Files\Condusiv Tewchnologies\ExpressCache).

It says in the line 63:

"
Drive Exclusion

The exclusion volume ExpressCache feature Allows you to disable caching
That he volumes to not need performance improvements.
"

Conclusion:

1. Exemption is possible to execute.
  2. No way, what version of the software or discs involved.

This means that you offer a product not as described.

I ask, therefore, to you provide a version of the product in accordance
with the description

README.TXT

That is a hold over from the OEM and developemt versions. It should not be in the read me. It will be updated in the next version. The only ECCMD command or parameter supported in the retail version is ECCMD -info. 

I understand, but that is not my problem.

Based on your response one might conclude that SanDisk is the chaos and mess. But I did not say. I do not meddle in your problems.

I see what the company offered and sent to me (as software). It receives each of your users (thousands of copies), is also doubtful as described on the page. Do you want to be taken seriously - then look up to, but not at my expense. You will act as a big, responsible company - so I was treated.

Regards

zjk

Just FYI 

it is failing on excluding the disk because it is removable. EC software does not cache any partition labeled ass removable media so it is not being cached anyway.

That said there is nothing in any of the marketed materials that state this feature is even part of the software therefore it could not have impacted your decision to purchase the product. This is not a supported feature of the retail version of this product and the information will be removed from the readme in the next version.  

Just FYI

One satisfied customer will attract another,
one unhappy - discourage the hundreds.

We are very much, big shops and services - I have put his, adequate evaluation of this product in a few.

Moreover, - and so I can see that some stores withdrew this product.

Just FYI - maybe so - few people read the changed conditions of the OEM.

zjk

You’re right. Expresscache is slowing down my machine so much I looked at ways of resolving this. I came across the text file which does say that Expresscache can be turned off for certain drives. But when I look at the programme files there seems no way to achieve this. I’ve left a message with SanDIsk about the slowing down of my pc, but had no reply so far. At the moment I go into Task Manager and kill it off, but I’m tempted to uninstall it completely. But I’m not clear what the effects of this would be.

you can uninstall there will be no ill effects. 

did you really tell that guy that if the software wasn’t working properly, he should uninstall it? and this is after you explain that people have no right to expect functionality that they would benefit from anf that you could include, but in fact have intentionally removed from your product.

not sure in what capacity you’re involved with SanDisk, but that’s a pretty poor attitude. i’d expect better from literally any company.

Btw, even if undocumented, both:

eccmd -clearexclusions
eccmd -exclude (DriveLetter)

seem to be working fine in current release. If a drive was already manually excluded and the exclude command is issued again for the same driveletter, eccmd exits with a “not enough previleges” msg and error 0x5 (unless you run -clearexclusions first).