Extreme II 120GB has failed

Hi all,

I purchased my Extreme II 120GB drive on December 27, 2013 and it has just failed. This is less than three months outside of the SanDisk warranty period which is very frustrating to say the least.

Last month it was having trouble booting and would take several attempts to get the machine going. Now it won’t boot at all and fails on recovery with my backup system image.

I have contacted the retailer and they were no help. I feel that SanDisk should RMA this drive. What are my chances and what would be the best way to go about asking since I am technically JUST outside of the warranty period…

Thanks!

their support is pretty good. i would suggest contacting them directly and let them know what happened. they may be able to make an exception.

drlucky, thanks for your response. That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. I just called them and apparently their support agents in that dept are currently in a meeting. The person I spoke with has arranged for a call back. I will report back here with what happens.

Just got the call back from SanDisk. The gentleman whom I spoke with checked with his supervisor and I’ve been denied an RMA.

Technically you are out of the warranty period so no online technical support will approve your RMA request.

With my experience, you can visit a Local Sandisk Authorised store and they will surely help you out.

They can also arrange you some warranty extension if it is possible.

Thanks