Highlighted
Administrator

ExpressCache version 1.3.1 released

[ Edited ]

Download ExpressCache 1.3.1

ExpressCache 1.3.1 Release Notes (Release date: November 27, 2013)
ExpressCache GUI Software: Version 1.3.1
Condusiv ExpressCache Engine: Version 1.3.110.0

New changes since version 1.3.0:
- Fixed the problem of USB drives not able to be ejected
- Fixed some Dutch translations that had Polish in them
- Close the Options menu after selecting the About or the Language Selection options; previously it remained open
- Fixed the text overlap of the 'Accept' button on the EULA page
- Added a link to the popup message that indicates the drive is unavailable; the link will open your web browser with more information

© 2013 SanDisk Corporation. All rights reserved. ExpressCache is a trademark of Condusiv Technologies Corporation. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries

Highlighted

Re: ExpressCache version 1.3.1 released

1.3.1 keeps crashing my computer during install, is there any way I can get a link to 1.3.0 so I can use that version?

Highlighted

The issue of the app opening on the Desktop (when selecting start with Windows) at each boot up is still not fixed. It should be in the system tray at boot up but not also opening on the desktop (requiring you to physically close it each time). This issue first appeared in 1.3.0. Imagine if every app you have in the system tray also opened on the Desktop at each boot. Would be a hassle each time to have to close them all. Don't know why Sandisk opted for this behavior.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@Mike89 -

Take a look at this thread highlighted below and let us know if it directly relates to your problem.

@slotmonsta - is this a real problem which needs correcting? I'm really confused.

Click here.

TIA,

Compumind Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@slotmonsta,

Sorry to bother you, but the link in your  post above is for 1.3.1. not  1.3.0.

Please correct and thanks,

Compumind

Highlighted
Administrator

@Compumind wrote:

@slotmonsta,

Sorry to bother you, but the link in your  post above is for 1.3.1. not  1.3.0.

Please correct and thanks,

Compumind

Fixed

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

@Mike89 wrote:

The issue of the app opening on the Desktop (when selecting start with Windows) at each boot up is still not fixed. It should be in the system tray at boot up but not also opening on the desktop (requiring you to physically close it each time). This issue first appeared in 1.3.0. Imagine if every app you have in the system tray also opened on the Desktop at each boot. Would be a hassle each time to have to close them all. Don't know why Sandisk opted for this behavior.

This is not a bug. This is the design. Start with Windows is only for the GUI. The caching engine runs in the background regardless. The GUI is not required for the caching engine to operate. The issue here is that in order for the GUI to generate the performance monitor chart it must accesses at the driver level. This type of access will pop UAC every time it is opened even if it is in the system trey. 

Highlighted

Well if this is not a bug it's just not a good design. Previous versions of this software did not exhibit this behavior. In previouis versions the icon would appear in the system tray (where it belongs) at each boot up (if selecting to start with Windows). Now it has the added behavior of also popping up on the Desktop at each boot (and has to be manually removed from desktop).

Here are a couple of examples of why this is a nuisance. Lets say you have icons in your system tray at each boot up, Antivirus icon, Sound  settings icon and maybe even a mouse software icon if you have mouse software installed. Now at each bootup your Antivirus Software, Sound Settings Software and mouse settings software all decide to open on your desktop in addition to the icons in the system tray. Wouldn't you say that was a nuisance having to close them off the Desktop each time to booted up?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@slotmonsta, @Mike89,

The way that I see it is for the GUI to remain minimized in the System Tray upon boot.

Enabling/disabling the GUI upon boot should be a option in the EC GUI software.

If the GUI is not selected to start with windows, it should open via a Start Menu Shortcut, then close normally or you could have a option ro minimize the GUI to the System Tray, as well.

Just my two cents.

Compumind Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

I think you choose the checkbox to start the gui with windows during install, i believe you can just disable it from loading in the options, as said before, its just a display, the caching runs regardless.