ExpressCache version 1.2.1 released

I am still happily running version 1.01 on my computer until this mess is taken care of. Ive likely booted 50-80 times with out the cache rebuilding. It’s rock solid, no crashes or random cache rebuilding. When I was running the newer versions and got that pop-up (your cache is being rebuilt) I already knew it had happened before seeing the pop-up. Boot time during a cache rebuild seems to be 2+ minutes, about 4 times as long as a cached boot (around 30-40 seconds). Programs also take along time to open. So yes, a very big performance difference after it displays that message. Then just when it got back to speed, it dumps the cache after 2 or 3 boots we start the entire process over again.

The newer versions may have bugs fixed, but the also introduce new bug that were never present in the old builds.

We have recently found an issue with how the ExpressCache GUI app detects when the cache is reset. When the cache is full and new data need to be cached, the caching engine will flush the oldest unused data. This can trigger the cache reset message to popup since there can be a sharp drop in the cache size. We plan on implementing a fix for this issue in the next release of ExpressCache which we expect to be available very soon. In the meantime, if you do not want to see this reset message, then exit the GUI app using the right button menu option on the system tray icon.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Excuse my English use a corrector.

The problem is not the message the problem is the reconstruction of the cache that the ssd punishes. Please correct the failure or allow to unload previous versions. I cannot stand to know that there is software that does not fail and not to be able to unload it. Nowadays I have the disabled ssd and have bought it recently.

Thank you.

Original text.

El problema no es el mensaje el problema es la reconstruccion del cache que castiga el ssd. Por favor corrijan el fallo o permitan descargar versiones anteriores. Me molesta saber que hay software que no falla y no poder descargarlo. Actualmente tengo el ssd deshabilitado y lo he comprado recientemente.

Gracias.

not sure if the translation came out correctly but the cache is not being rebuilt. from what slotmonsta says this message pops up when old LBA’s are flushed to make room for new LBA’s. The GUI detectes the sharp drop in cache as a reset. other than the message poping up the app is working as intended. 

Thank you for your response.

My impression is that it breaks is reconstructed.

The load becomes slow even of programs that are constant used for what they must not be erased.

I am sure that the message is correct.

Cache is totally erased and reconstructed.

The application badly works and damages the ssd.

In the forum there are mas people who experiences the same thing, only it is necessary to read.

They comment on some to start in 30 seconds to approximately 2 minutes after the message.

Original text.

Gracias por tu respuesta. Mi impresion es que la cache es reconstruida.

La carga se vuelve lenta incluso de programas que son constantemente usados por lo que no deben de ser borrados.

Estoy seguro de que el mensaje es correcto.

Cache es totalmente borrada y reconstruida.
La aplicacion mal funciona y daña al ssd.

En el foro hay mas gente que experimenta lo mismo, solo hay que leer.

Algunos comentan arrancar en 30 segundos a aproximadamente 2 minutos despues del mensaje.

Frist, thank you for taking care of the issue!

Second, indeed I’m experiencing the behaviour you are describing with my Samsung RC730 notebook, the cache is not reset, it’s flushing old data.

This is not the case with my PC at home where the cache is indeed reset after the message and I have obviously a drop in performance.

I get it after reboot/shutdown/standby, very often, no error messages logged in event log.

I will send a screenshot, cheers!

I use a corrector am Spanish, excuse me.

The message goes out and erases the disc to the complete one, has been working well until it has filled the disc, has been late a few days.

Definitively badly it works.

The software is not OK.

If it was working well to erase parts and not the totality.

The message goes out and then it reconstructs from the beginning.

It is a pity when it works does it well.

I return to disable it

Spanish text.

Uso un corrector soy Español, disculpen me. Sale el mensaje y borra el disco al completo, ha estado funcionando bien hasta que ha llenado el disco, ha tardado unos dias. Definitivamente mal funciona. El software no va bien.Si funcionara bien borraria partes y no la totalidad. Sale el mensaje y luego reconstruye desde el principio. Es una lastima cuando funciona lo hace bien. Vuelvo a deshabilitarlo

When the cache flushes how long does it take to rebuild? If it is rebuilding very quickly it would indicate the cache is not actually being flushed. Can you download the SSD tool kit and post a screen shot of the SMART attributes (in English would be best) if the EC software is fully flushing the cache we should see the evidence in the lifetime write attribute. 

It will try again. I see in the program since it begins again, nevertheless it will try.

Here we go:

EC Status

Smart 1

Smart 2

Raw data from SMART:

Model,"SanDisk SDSSDRC032G",,,,,, Serial Number,"123687400070",,,,,, Firmware Revision,"2.0.0",,,,,, ATA Major Version,"ATA8-ACS",,,,,, ATA Minor Version,"Reserved",,,,,, SATA Generation,"3",,,,,, Worldwide Naming,"5001B447D7ECEE86",,,,,, Supported Features,"DSM (TRIM), SMART, Security, NCQ, APM",,,,,, ,"","05","Reallocated Sector Count","100","0","0","N/A" ,"","09","Power On Hours","100","0","1745","N/A" ,"","0C","Power Cycle Count","100","0","132","N/A" ,"","AB","Program Fail Count","100","0","0","N/A" ,"","AC","Erase Fail Count","100","0","0","N/A" ,"","AD","N/A","100","0","263","N/A" ,"","AE","Unexpected Power Loss Count","100","0","132","N/A" ,"","BB","Reported Uncorrectable Errors","100","0","0","N/A" ,"","E6","% of Total Write/Erase Count","100","0","876","N/A" ,"","E8","Available Reserve Space","100","5","","Pass" ,"","EA","% of Total Write/Erase Count (BC Blocks)","100","0","778","N/A" ,"","F1","LBA Sectors Written","100","0","3338762740","N/A" ,"","F2","LBA Sectors Read","100","0","567292527","N/A"

Hope it helps

according to the SMART you ahve had about 1.5TB written to the drive and it is at about 72 days power on hours. This is a bit on the high side but still feisable depending on the work load you are putting on the computer. What are you using the PC for? and out of the ordinary workload?

It’s my home PC, mainly gaming and downloading. Sometimes it’s running non-stop for few days, otherwise only the evening and the weekend.

The cache reset bug started with 1.2 version, before it was working properly.

when you get the cache reset message do you see a perfomance loss?

Yes indeed, I’d say that mostly I lack performance improvements, it’s resetting really often.

I have another unit in a laptop and another one in a desktop PC and they work pretty well, pretty good perf gain.

As sson as you get this message please capture and post a screenshot of the GUI app showing the green cache size bar as well as the output of the DOS command: “eccmd -info”

Thanks!

ExpressCache Command Version 1.0.100.1 Copyright® 2010-2012 Condusiv Technologies. Date Time: 9/22/2013 23:57:44:781 (PANDORUM #185) EC Cache Info ================================================== Mounted : Yes Partition Size : 29.82 GB Reserved Size : 3.00 MB Volume Size : 29.82 GB Total Used Size : 76.50 MB Total Free Space : 29.74 GB Used Data Size : 0 Bytes Used Data Size on Disk : 68.00 MB Tiered Cache Stats ================================================== Memory in use : 0 Bytes Blocks in use : 0 Read Percent : 0.00% Cache Stats ================================================== Cache Volume Drive Number : 0 Total Read Count : 46016 Total Read Size : 1.06 GB Total Cache Read Count : 0 Total Cache Read Size : 0 Bytes Total Write Count : 7816 Total Write Size : 130.30 MB Total Cache Write Count : 0 Total Cache Write Size : 0 Bytes Cache Read Percent : 0.00% Cache Write Percent : 0.00%

And here’s the screenshot:

ECCMD INFO 

Cheers

Any idea when the fix will be available? Constantly getting the “cache reset” issue…

They do not accept the failure.

They do not even help to return to a previous firmware.

Please, links to  previos firmware.

Excuse my English, I am Spanish

Still waiting and kick this crappy Popup again and again and again…

Boooooooring :angry:

1.2.1 breaks this product and since there’s only 1 download location we can’t go back to stable versions…rendering this product useless.  My Win 7 Ultimate PC is no longer stable due to this release. 

Cache is consistently being reset multiple times a day.

Windows 7 loading screen freezes for 10-15 seconds before the login prompt (when Windows logo is coming together onscreen)

A couple sporadic blue screens during system startup.

Please help Sandisk!