ExpressCache problem: “A partition already exists"

Running ExpressCache version 1.2.1 … ANYTHING YOU DO FROM HERE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, I AM JUST A PUNTER & DO NOT WORK FOR SANDISK, CONDUSIVE TECHNOLOGIES, MICROSOFT ETC

Think I might have fixed this in Windows 8.1 64 bit… another “fix”. Look I do all of the above mentioned in this forum and sometimes it works/doesn’t but when I upgraded to Windows 8.1, with the SSD set up with ReadyCache from the old Windows 8 (working), when I installed ReadyCache in Windows 8.1 it installed first time no problem, even though there was a partition that was still set up to be used by my old windows 8.0. So I guess it just flat wiped it off (therefore telling me the problem was not on the SSD but left in my old Windows 8 “somewhere!”

Anyway after installing and removing drivers, windows updates etc  etc, after a while it said " delete partition/reset the cache due to hard drive blaa blaa blaa" ReadyCache stopped working on my new Windows 8.1 64bit & again I tried everything mentioned in this forum but nothing worked. Then… I had problems with my amd catalyst control center install & this was a solution to make that work so  I applied it here. This is what I did, some of it might be irrelevant but it worked!

1. Make sure everything on your pc is upto date and all hardware drivers installed.

2. remove ANYTHING that you don’t need pugged in, i.e. my Laptop I just have the normal spinning hdd and SanDisk ReadyCache SSD

3. use Windows Control Panel “Programs & Features” to uninstall ExpressCache Software".

4)Don’t restart!

5)Ensure that in Windows Disk Management the Partition is “Unallocated”, if it’s not right click and click on delete volume.

1. Run CCleaner and run the Registry cleaner & allow it to delete everything. (mine finds nothing?!)

2. Go to your C:\Program FIles & C:\Program Files(x86) and delete any folders for Condusive Technologies

3. Enure you can view hidden files and go to c:/Program Data (hidden file) and delete Condusive Technologies folder

4. Go to C:\Users"yourname"\AppData (hidden folder) and again delete anything related to Express Cache, Ready Chache Condusive Technologies from the Local, Local Low & Roaming Folders.

5. Then what I think works, & I think this is a problem with Windows and not Ready Cache Software… is do the following:

6. click start button (if you’ve downloaded one!) &/or  in Windows 8 metro search for regedit

2)run regedit.exe and delete any references to express cache & or readycache & or condusive technologies from the software folders:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE

which on my pc running windows 8.1 64bit was…

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SanDisk\ExpressCache

1. So delete that & exit Regedit.

2. Turn off the computer normally

3. I then removed the ReadyCache SSD (again not dsure if it had any affect?!) and restarted windows (with other external hard drives plugged in).

4. Fully started windows and had a look in “Disk Management”… obviously my ReadyCache SSD isn’t there. my other hard drives are now listed as Disk 1, Disk 2 etc whereas ReadyCache used to be Disk 1.

5. Exit Disk Management & Shutdown Windows.

6. Connect up ReadyCache SSD & Restart Windows.

7. Install ReadyCache Software and bing… no “This Partion is being used blaa blaa” & ReadyCache is working… now one more thing is it will sit at 0.7GB and you think it’s not doing anything… just wait. After about 5 mins eventually you’ll see it starts building the cache. IF after like 1/2 hour it isn’t just click on “Reset Cache” and wait again.

I hope this helps, like I say I have no Idea if 90% of the above is nescessary bit IT WORKED FOR ME… Maybe the guys at Sandisk can look at everything I’ve done and all the other solutions above & work out how to creat a propper fix for it!

I find ReadyCache makes a huge difference even on an ACER V3-771G with Intel i5 3210m & 8GBDDR3 Ram. Startup is rapid, programs opening are instant etc but remember it learns what you do/use and shoves that into readycache, so if you haven’t played a game for 1yr don’t expect readycache to have any effect. If you play it all the time it will be much much faster to load. & yes it is way better than readyboost & no don’t have readyboost on you don’t need it with this & don’t install AMD RamDisk as it does the same thing but not as well (& I think it might screw up ReadyCache!)

Cheers, Bye