Concerns

These comments speak volumes. Despite the marketing approach and design that say its plug and play and simple, your audience is going to be fairly techy. Of your comments, these concepts need to bubble up to the literature the potential buyer can browse and see:

1. The ExpressCache software does not cache at the file of folder level. ExpressCache caches LBAs. The software does not know what data is contained in the LBAs so there is no way to select what you want cached. ExpressCache only monitors the LBA for high frequancy reads and caches those LBAs.
  2. The Expresscache software will need some time to learn your usage patterns. After it determins high usage of certine LBAs they will be given priority and not be flushed from the cache. In the begining and until it learns your usage patterns it will cache any LBAs read and flush the cache as needed. Specifically that this process could be a few weeks.

I was really pleased on how easily it was installed and general concept. Since its operating at controller level performance, I was expecting key blocks, including OS related, to build up quickly even as the system was rebooted. I was left scatching my head when I its been running for 19hours and only 8.5GB made its way into the cache.

Regards,

Paul