240GB Extreme 128C Temp reading

Definitely agree that I would prefer to have had better service from Sandisk in terms of cross shipping a new drive.

But like pbniel mentioned I too bought mine from amazon and I just had them ship me a new one the first time which got to me overnight. Spent 5 minutes on the phone and had a new drive on the way. But in my case that one also had the issue so thats when I turned to Sandisk to see if I would get a drive from a different production run of drives.

If it means anything I have had a total of 5 sandisk extremes both 120g and 240 and 4 out of 5 have had the temp problem. I bought them from different vendors, 2 from amazon, 2 from newegg. The one that doesn’t have temp problem was from the previous revision because it did not have the R201 firmware preinstalled. That is probably why it is the only drive that I still have that didn’t have the temp problem.

I’m just sticking with the ones I have I think…I fought it but they all still have a 3 year warranty. IF I start to actually get performance loss or failures then I will be much more upset. I really like the price for performance with these sandisk extreme drives, they have good speeds and great price. I would be that much more confident in them if they didn’t have this annoying glitch! :wink: