You Tube going down?

All of a sudden, I can’t get video to play on You Tube for the past week.  Anyone know if they are having issues?

@blackdog_sansa wrote:
All of a sudden, I can’t get video to play on You Tube for the past week.  Anyone know if they are having issues?

I use it daily; and no issues on my end…  I’m based in USA, btw.

Ive been a youtube member (and frequent poster) since the beginning. One thing I have noticed is that this time of the year it always runs slow, people are looking up holiday greetings poster by family, or watching videos for their favorite seasonal songs. I also know youtube have some very very powerful servers so to overload them and crash it would be really tough. My guess is that your region is experiencing ESPECIALLY high traffic. Try waiting until “Off-Peak” hours, try between 12a-3a in your region.

What web browser are you using? I’m still using IE 6, and every time I go to Youtube (which isn’t very often), there’s a blurb at the top of the page saying they will be phasing out support for my browser soon.

Maybe soon has finally arrived. I’ve had to use IE7 and now 8 at work, and quite honsetly based on the experince I have daily with it, I’ll never upgrade at home; YouTube or no YouTube.

@tapeworm wrote:

What web browser are you using? I’m still using IE 6, and every time I go to Youtube (which isn’t very often), there’s a blurb at the top of the page saying they will be phasing out support for my browser soon.

Maybe soon has finally arrived. I’ve had to use IE7 and now 8 at work, and quite honsetly based on the experince I have daily with it, I’ll never upgrade at home; YouTube or no YouTube.

I know this is off-topic (on the off-topic board, no less!)… but have you considered switching (or at least trying) Firefox?  I used to be a fan of IE myself, but frankly Firefox runs smoother and quicker than IE.  It also has more features, add-ons and the like to make it an IE killer in my book.

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

I know this is off-topic (on the off-topic board, no less!)… but have you considered switching (or at least trying) Firefox?  I used to be a fan of IE myself, but frankly Firefox runs smoother and quicker than IE.  It also has more features, add-ons and the like to make it an IE killer in my book.

You could also look in to Google chrome, its new but its pretty nice. 

Muahahahahaha!!!

Methinks Mozilla , man.  Firefox and YouTube work well, heck, even Chrome works too.

Your flash player may need updating, as YouToob likes the flash, baby.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Tapeworm wrote:

Firefox , my man, Firefox. Then you add AdblockPlus (essential), IE Tab (for those sites that usually only work with IE), and if you’re really security conscious, NoScript.    :wink:

Try Youtube on the Wii. The video quality is pretty bad, but it’s handy. If you don’t have a Wii . . . oh, well. By the way, I’m posting this on a Wii. Wiis are fun. Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!! (Sorry, couldn’t help it. I feel immature right now)

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

I was googling for a problem my mother is having and saw some noise (noise in that it wasn’t what I was looking for) about a problem with youtube on Macintosh when something (the OS or browser) was updated.  

One way or another, it’s working for most of us and you gave us no clue what you’re running.

Yeah- it was some sort of problem on my pc.  reboot solved it.  I AM running Mozilla after a major crash and burn last year.  No more IE for me!

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

I know it’s my favorite web browser! Google chrome’s ok too but sometimes it does’nt respond.

I agree, although I myself favor Google Chrome. The hype about Google selling your info is more than likely a media scam like everything else - Useful is as Useful does. Go with Chrome, you won’t regret it, guys.

Unless you happen to be those really annoying pricks that have something to complain about for everything. In which case, go far, far away where nobody can hear you nag. 

With the right secret handshakes, you can get Youtube to run with html5 instead of flash.  Probably won’t help with a very obsolete IE5.

http://www.youtube.com/html5