Write- Protected Songs (8G)

i cant seem to drag and drop in MSC mode and my laptop will not read the device on MTP mode. when i do try to D&D on MCS it tells me i am un able to because the songs are write-protected. what do i do to get around this?

i cant update to WMP 10 or 11 cause i do not have a genuine Windows XP OS and i am using SP3. any help would be appreciated.

@maastmike wrote:

i cant seem to drag and drop in MSC mode and my laptop will not read the device on MTP mode. when i do try to D&D on MCS it tells me i am un able to because the songs are write-protected. what do i do to get around this?

i cant update to WMP 10 or 11 cause i do not have a genuine Windows XP OS and i am using SP3. any help would be appreciated.

Get new copies of the songs that are not write protected. 

they are all torrents. how do i tell if they are write protected? there is no other way around this? there is too much music to go back and torrent. could i copy the songs onto a cd and then re burn the songs onto the computer?

@maastmike wrote:
they are all torrents. how do i tell if they are write protected? there is no other way around this? there is too much music to go back and torrent. could i copy the songs onto a cd and then re burn the songs onto the computer?

I suppose it is worth a try.

If you are going to reburn the songs using WMP, go to the tools…then rip music option and make sure the copy protect is UNCHECKED. That helped me when I had to transfer music to my clip.