WOW! $7US Headphones with Great Sound!

JVC HA-S150. Picked up a set of these with damaged packaging for $7. Quite impressive for the price! I like them better than the Koss KSC-75, which was IMO the best sub $10 headphones around. The JVC’s seem to get louder and don’t have the “plinky” sounds that I hear in the Koss. Plus I like overhead “cans” much better than any other style. My new standard throw-away headphones, until something better shows.

Note: Headphone sound quality is a very touchy subject. What sounds good to you is what really matters!

@14124all wrote:

JVC HA-S150. Picked up a set of these with damaged packaging for $7. Quite impressive for the price! I like them better than the Koss KSC-75, which was IMO the best sub $10 headphones around. The JVC’s seem to get louder and don’t have the “plinky” sounds that I hear in the Koss. Plus I like overhead “cans” much better than any other style. My new standard throw-away headphones, until something better shows.

Note: Headphone sound quality is a very touchy subject. What sounds good to you is what really matters!

Yup.   For an inexpensive headphone, they are top-notch.  :smiley:

@14124all wrote:

I have heard about these, woulda tried buying a set one day at Wal-Mart, except there, they were $20, and the same shade of purple as Barney the dinosaur. :dizzy_face:

Luckily these are black ones. The colored models are quite LOUD (fashion-wise). You’re right, the “Barney” version really stands out. Would have been hip in 1967!

These headphones are quickly becoming my favorites for casual use.  I usually opt for these, if I think I’m going to fall asleep while listening.  If I damage them, not too much money lost.

So far they are holding up remarkably well.

I’m using a red one of those right now! XD

JVC flats