Worst. Software. Ever.

Sansa Media Converter:

• Does not allow you to convert while the player is not connected. This requires hardware to be required during the potentially many hours it requires to convert your videos.

-Does not allow you to sync converted files. Sit and watch as your already converted files… re… convert? What the ? Didn’t they check the files to see if they were already the right specs? I just spent the afternoon watching my files “convert” for the transfer to fail. Now I can’t use those files that are already converted? We have to start over? Why? Oh, bad programmers, that’s why.

-Doesn’t work. Maybe if I restart my **bleep** computer twice and plug the sansa in two minutes later and then open sansa media connector… maybe this time it’ll see the sansa and work… nope, convert button still gray.

Freezes. I’ll just add a few files to my sansa. Hang on, wait, what happened? We’re stuck at 60% and the cancel button isn’t working… what’s going on?? Programmers take note: instead of adding a “Cancel” button, but a Label there instead that says “To cancel, press Alt-Ctrl-Del to exit this program.” Because at least then you’re being honest.
Think I missed anything? I’m never going back with sandisk again. It’s funny- what a waste of a company. You’d think they’d at least try to keep their users happy. What a waste.
I recommend the guys running this company take a read from a few books by Seth Godin. Yeah, he’ll tell you why he likes the IPOD. I wish I could’ve enjoyed the alternative, but I guess I’ll be going the ipod route too. (Look how much money I’m spending with another company that could’ve been yours, but you pissed us off so much! )

agreed

but Sansa Media Converter used to work lol

but then i switched to Total Video Converter

http://cpumod.net/blog/?p=34

you can get a free download there

I have to agree.  I’ve had my Fuze for 2 hours now.  I installed Media Converter after downloading it here, and started it up

First try:  Software started up, I hit “Add media” and it blew up (got the "illwindows “Sansa Media Converter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close”

Second try: tried dropping an MPG file on the “import items” area.  Then it blew up

Third+ tries: I start it up, it gets to the main screen, and it just blows up by itself in about 2 seconds (or when I hit the “add media” button, whichever comes first)

I’m going to see if I can get ffmpeg to encode something it likes.

@traalfaz wrote:

I hit “Add media” and it blew up (got the "illwindows “Sansa Media Converter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close”

A lot of times when you get this msg. & the program (any program, not just SMC) “crashes”, the only way to get it to work properly again is to re-boot your computer. It’s like forcing the computer to take a deep breath & try it again.

Rebooting seems to have cleared it up, it works now.

IMHO, this is a sign of a really sloppy installation program.  If it needs to reboot to work right, it should say so.  If it doesn’t say so, it shouldn’t need to.

There’s no excuse for just needing to reboot randomly these days.  My machines are often running for 100+ days between reboots, and those are usually to install Windows updates or due to power failures.

@traalfaz wrote:

Rebooting seems to have cleared it up, it works now.

IMHO, this is a sign of a really sloppy installation program.  If it needs to reboot to work right, it should say so.  If it doesn’t say so, it shouldn’t need to.

There’s no excuse for just needing to reboot randomly these days.  My machines are often running for 100+ days between reboots, and those are usually to install Windows updates or due to power failures.

I believe the problem/fault lies with Windows, not SMC. Like I said, I’ve encountered this problem with other programs as well. And sometimes they they just freeze up and you have the use the ol’ 3 finger salute (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to close them.

The Sansa players themselves get “stuck” occasionally as well. In this case you have to do basically the same thing; holding the power button down for approx. 10 - 20 sec., then re-starting as usual essentially performing a “re-boot”.

I hope you have no more issues. :smiley:

Thanks, what settings do you need to make in Total Video Converter in order to make the videos work with my Sansa e260?

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, SMC CRASHES MY VISTA “WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER”…SO I CALLED THE  “SO CALLED” TECH SUPPORT 3 TIMES AND THEY KEEP TELLING “LEVEL 2” SUPPORT WILL CALL ME BACK…UMMMM …STILL HAVEN’T HEARD FROM THEM…HMMMMMMM … I TRIED THE “ANY VIDEO CONVERTER” THAT DOESNT WORK WITH THE FUZE 2GB …ANY IDEAS??? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME…

CHRIS