worst Clip problems ever

hi my clip has various problems 

v02.???.16

the lights and screen are ‘loose.’  i have to manually twist the player to keep the screen and buttons lit.  otherwise it’s pitch black but working.   

i have to do a hard start everytime! it freezes randomly when i’m playing a track or navigating the screen.  pressing buttons also influences the freezing.  when i’m playing a track when it freezes, it tends to stop and play and stop and play and then freeze. Like it’s buffering and then freezes.  i have to turn it off hard.  When i hook it up to my vista pc, it sometimes will work as the sansa player.  In this mode, sometimes the tracks are all blank files.  When they are readable they wont even play.  Few times, i’ve been able to play tracks successfully.  Can’t drag in tracks tho.  But when it goes up in mass drive,  it’s unreadable and my pc asks me to format it.  I have formatted it b4.   

The twisting thing happened after i opened the player to re-attach the negative wire.  The freezing thing happened 2 months later, i don’t know the cause for the latter.

What can i do? I need music to thrive!!!

RMA it

I second summerlove’s motion _ if _ . . . the player is still within SanDisk’s warranty period. You say you’ve already had it at least 2 months; is it older than a year? Chances are, you caused the ‘twisting thing’ by opening it up; you may have started a small crack in the circuit board which has grown over time and now is causing connection issues. It most likely should have been RMA’d at that point. The original Clips had some issues with battery leads.

So you got adventuresome and decided to take matters into your own hands (literally), rather then letting the warranty system already in place work for you and get a new replacement. By doing this, you kinda burned your own bridge. The warranty is problably void now, even if it is under 1 year old.

I don’t know if the other problem is related to whatever you did in your DIY experiment or not, but since you already admitted to violating the warranty conditions and this forum is frequented and read by several SanDisk employees, and their 401K program is dependent upon profit (which takes into account losses, meaning replacement players under warranty), I don’t know how much luck you’ll have getting it exchanged now.

Good luck . . . but I’d start digging under the car seats and couch cushions looking for whatever spare change might be hiding there, and gather up all those recyclables for redemption. You may be buying a new player. :stuck_out_tongue:

I second summerlove’s motion _ if _ . . . the player is still within SanDisk’s warranty period. You say you’ve already had it at least 2 months; is it older than a year? Chances are, you caused the ‘twisting thing’ by opening it up; you may have started a small crack in the circuit board which has grown over time and now is causing connection issues. It most likely should have been RMA’d at that point. The original Clips had some issues with battery leads.

So you got adventuresome and decided to take matters into your own hands (literally), rather then letting the warranty system already in place work for you and get a new replacement. By doing this, you kinda burned your own bridge. The warranty is problably void now, even if it is under 1 year old.

I don’t know if the other problem is related to whatever you did in your DIY experiment or not, but since you already admitted to violating the warranty conditions and this forum is frequented and read by several SanDisk employees, and their 401K program is dependent upon profit (which takes into account losses, meaning replacement players under warranty), I don’t know how much luck you’ll have getting it exchanged now.

Good luck . . . but I’d start digging under the car seats and couch cushions looking for whatever spare change might be hiding there, and gather up all those recyclables for redemption. You may be buying a new player. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will admit I skimmed it and didn’t even see it had been taken apart (bad plan by the way).  I doubt there’s any chance of them not noticing you’ve tinkered with it.

ya i opened it… dont’ have the receipt and it hasn’t been a year yet. there’s no solution? i guess i’m going to have to buy some cheap mp3 then. ;_;

That’s a good idea. I suppose we aren’t about to learn why you pried it apart in the first place. When anything goes wrong, one has two choices. Contact manufacturer for RMA or fix it yourself. In the latter case you are then on your own. Personally, if it’s still covered I would do the first. Not covered I’ll take my chances.

Yeah that would be my plan too.  I know for a fact I am quite capable of fixing one issue but breaking something else in the process.  My phone is held together with blue tac for that reason *sigh*

Hey, it’s just the perfect opportunity to try one of these:

Cool new colors too, a bit tamer than the original Clip.  You’ll find plenty of great deals on them as of late.  Here’s the Sansa Store page.  And you can expand with the MicroSD slot…

µsansa

I’d still call SanDisk and see what might be possible.  What could it hurt?  And you could be surprised.

Miikerman wrote:
I’d still call SanDisk and see what might be possible.  What could it hurt?  And you could be surprised.

Yeah, he might get ahold of someone there who, after listening to his story says, “Oh yes, I remember seeing your post on the Sansa forum. You’re the one who broke it by opening it up instead of calling us for a replacement like you should have the first time around.” :dizzy_face:

Now that would definitely be a surprise!

Or the person whose Clip malfunctioned while under warranty, who then tried to fix it.   :wink: