Word Documents

Is there any way to allow my fuze to see word documents? or just text? do i have to convert it to a certain type of file?

Please help [:

Please and thankyou!

@lilanjel51 wrote:

Is there any way to allow my fuze to see word documents? or just text? do i have to convert it to a certain type of file?

Please help [:

Please and thankyou!

I don’t believe there is. :smiley:

Nope.  I have two text documents on my external card and it doesn’t show up.  I put these types of files there for storage, like a regular flash drive.

But maybe a Zune may one day be able to. :wink:

@lilanjel51 wrote:

Please help [:

Please and thankyou!

See? Yes. Read? Not unless you’ve got awfully good eyes, or want to carry around one of these:

The only way to do it would be to convert the WORD .doc to a .bmp or .jpg file. Essentially convert it to an image. I’ve done this using a very large font to put my name & phone number into the PHOTOS section in case it’s ever lost or stolen.

But I doubt whether a standard document with a Size 10-14 font would be practical.

That’s the way I do it: convert the text files to a sequence of images and view it on the Fuze. I’m quite happy with 11 or 12pt font size - but you should try for yourself. Check with different (bold) fonts too. And you should keep in mind that if you render to JPEG images you must trick its bad representation of line drawings and text by a decent “thickness” of the glyphs. So instead of e.g. 12pt font size on 220x176 pixel images I am using 24pt font size on 440x352 pixel images.

I keep several short “texts” for occasional reference with me, e.g. a list of FM radio frequencies (because the station list might get lost on a reset of the Fuze :cry:).

@ewelot wrote:

I keep several short “texts” for occasional reference with me, e.g. a list of FM radio frequencies (because the station list might get lost on a reset of the Fuze :cry:).

Now there’s a good idea. I hadn’t thought of that.