Wishlist

1. Don’t turn off music when you delete a voice file. 
  2. Don’t lose the music place when FM recording.
  3. Use all memory when recording.
    10.  FM recodings in the “Play All” - maybe make it an FM option, whether recordings are part of music.
    11.  Record in OGG.

Robert

I put the following list on a separate post earlier today but I guess this is the right place for the list.

1. Having the option to view folders on the unit itself. Actually I would like to see the same behaviour as Windows Media Player when the clip is sonnected to the PC. It gives the option to view by tag information or clasic folders. This could be done by adding another step under the Music menue Songs, Albums … Folders,  or changing a mode under Settings.

2. In FM radio to be able to step forward and backward between preset stations instead of pressing the middle button going only forward. Most of the time people go through preset stations so it makes more sense to use the FF and FR buttons to go up and down between preset stations and you can add an entry to the radio menu (down button) to switch back to search mode.

3. If you apply the change above (no. 2) then the middle button can serve for immediate recording from the radio. Many times you want to catch something fast and not go through menues for recording. This behaviour could be changed in Settings for people who want the old behaviour.

4. Internal Clock. Very helpful to see the time and also to add a time stamp as part of the file name of recordings. (This is done in many cheap players)

5. Time left for a song. The clip is the first player I have seen without showing the time left. This can be showed in the play window or toggled with the middle button while playing instead of or in addition to the spectrum analyzer view which is completely useless.

6. Play A-B, playing a small piece of the song after marking the beginning and end of the section by a middle button press. Very common in other players and usefull when listening to recording of lectures for example.

7. Changing the speed of playback without changing the pitch, also usefull when listening to recordings.

My list would be as follows:

1. Bookmarks for audiobooks so can switch from books to music back to the book without having to remember where I was.  At least 5 bookmarks would be nice for listening to multiple books (i.e. fiction, non-fiction, language instruction, etc) and music.  A “press and hold” option for the center button to do this would be really nice for those us us who don’t rate or do the GoList.

2. Changing the speed of the audio without screwing up the pitch would be really useful for audiobooks (perhaps this info could be stored in each track’s tag so you wouldn’t have to change the speed when going to music and then to speed1 for audiobook1 and speed2 for audiobook2).

3. Folder/Filename view (as this is how my music is organized) in addition to current choices of by artist, album, song, genre, playlist.

4. Audio during fast forward and rewind (or an option for sound/no sound while FF or RR in settings menu).

5. Alternate time remaining/total time AND time elapsed/total time by pressing center button (with a settings menu choice of what you want the center button to do during playback).

ruwest wrote:

2. Playlist handling improvements

I also would like to see the m3u playlists support more flexible filenames.
Right now, a playlist cannot access up the filesystem tree and must be in
the MUSIC directory to be able to access all songs. “…” in a filename doesn’t
work.  And make some absolute pathname format available.

M3U playlists can be created at the root folder of the clip; you traverse DOWN the tree, not up. I’m not sure if m3u supports the dotted notation for tree ascension - does anyone know if this works on other players??

Anyway, here’s what one of them looks like, created with mp3tag opened at root, and copy/dragging files from the Clip’s MUSIC folders (and folders below as well) to mp3tag, then Create Playlist From All.

**#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:273,Led Zeppelin - Black Country Woman
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Physical Graffiti\Black Country Woman (04.33).mp3
#EXTINF:234,Led Zeppelin - Boogie With Stu
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Physical Graffiti\Boogie With Stu (03.53).mp3
#EXTINF:127,Led Zeppelin - Bron-Yr-Aur
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Physical Graffiti\Bron-Yr-Aur (02.06).mp3
#EXTINF:254,Led Zeppelin - Custard Pie
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Physical Graffiti\Custard Pie (04.13).mp3**

#EXTINF:431,Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks.mp3
#EXTINF:335,Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love.mp3
#EXTINF:389,Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me
MUSIC\Led Zeppelin\Led Zeppelin - You Shook Me.mp3

Nice playlist!

Led Zep playing at the Bonaroo music festival this summer!  (Just heard on the radio.)

Lots of good ideas here. Let me add a few.

Go List – Include the capability to append an entire album to the Go List with a single press-and-hold of the center button. Also, while we’re at it, include the capability to append an entire artist or genre to the Go List with a single press-and-hold of the center button. This would be available when we’ve navigated to and highlighted a particular genre, artist or album. In the Settings Menu, the option under Press-And-Hold that now says “Add Song To Go List” should be changed to just say “Add To Go List”.

Now Playing - Add a Now Playing list, to which we can append songs, albums, artists or genres with a single press-and-hold of the center button, as described above. The Now Playing list should be updated immediately, and any additions made to it should be played in the current session. Make “Add to Now Playing list” a user-selectable option in the Press-And-Hold Settings Menu. The Now Playing list would be cleared any time the Clip is powered off or connected to a computer.

Delete an entire album, artist or genre - Now, when we select an album, artist or genre, the first menu choice on the next screen is Play All (or the list of songs in the case of an album). Make Delete All the second line in the case of Artists or Genres, or the top line in the case of an Album. To avoid an accidental deletion, when this is chosen, require a Yes/No confirmation similar to that required when we change Display options in the Settings Menu.

Message Edited by BigJohnL on 02-06-2008 04:47 PM

Only one wish:

somethink like “Play subfolder in alphabetical order(filename)”

because: I use linux and have problems to generate playlists in correct form (playlist beginn with ./filename) because of linux filesystem and the sansa clip don’t know what to do…

Cheers
Jürgen

PS: by the way: beside this lack of funkionality good work from sansa!

I wish baby jesus would appear whenever i started using my clip, because its that holy of an experience.

Message Edited by Enigma on 02-07-2008 02:28 PM