Windoze 7, lol

less than 2 months before it’s release, many people are now using the full activated software… read more

@marqck wrote:
less than 2 months before it’s release, many people are now using the full activated software… read more

As an ex-employee, I always get a fully working key.  I’ve had a fully operational Win 7 copy for over a month.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@marqck wrote:
less than 2 months before it’s release, many people are now using the full activated software… read more


As an ex-employee, I always get a fully working key.  I’ve had a fully operational Win 7 copy for over a month.

Does it live up to the hype?

@marvin_martian wrote:

 

Does it live up to the hype?

Yes, do tell. I preordered based on the positive reviews for the beta version, but I can still cancel. 

@gwk1967 wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:

 

Does it live up to the hype?


Yes, do tell. I preordered based on the positive reviews for the beta version, but I can still cancel. 

Ehh… It’s OK.  But I still think that Windows 3.11 was the finest piece of software that Microsoft ever produced, so you can take what I say with a large grain of salt.  I still prefer XP; I probably won’t switch from that until I’m forced to…

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

. . . But I still think that Windows 3.11 was the finest piece of software that Microsoft ever produced, so you can take what I say with a large grain of salt.  I still prefer XP; I probably won’t switch from that until I’m forced to…

 

Me too, exactly! I could do more more with Windows 3.11 with it’s associated apps like Word 6 & Excel 5 than I can with the newer OS and programs.

And it didn’t crash or freeze up on me hardly ever. XP isn’t bad, but it could still be better. Certainly, it the best since and like you, I’ll use it as long as I can. It’s curently the best game in town (MS-speaking). :wink:

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

. . . But I still think that Windows 3.11 was the finest piece of software that Microsoft ever produced, so you can take what I say with a large grain of salt.  I still prefer XP; I probably won’t switch from that until I’m forced to…

 

Me too, exactly! I could do more more with Windows 3.11 with it’s associated apps like Word 6 & Excel 5 than I can with the newer OS and programs. Heck, I even designed some ad copy & sales flyers with Windows Publisher.

And it didn’t crash or freeze up on me hardly ever. XP isn’t bad, but it could still be better. Certainly, it the best since and like you, I’ll use it as long as I can. It’s currently the best game in town (MS-speaking). :wink:

I adore Win7. It is what Vista should have been. I went from Vista to 7 and it seems like I am using a newer computer because everything runs so much faster. I highly recommend.

Best MS OS’s in history:
#1 Win98 SE

#2 Windows XP SP3

#3 Windows 7

#4 Windows 3.1 (and ONLY because of how revolutionary it was… not because it rocked or anything lol)

Period.

@peregrine wrote:

I adore Win7. It is what Vista should have been. I went from Vista to 7 and it seems like I am using a newer computer because everything runs so much faster. I highly recommend.

 

Best MS OS’s in history:
#1 Win98 SE

#2 Windows XP SP3

#3 Windows 7

#4 Windows 3.1 (and ONLY because of how revolutionary it was… not because it rocked or anything lol)

 

 

Period.

 

You must be insane…

HahaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa…

But everybody is entitled to their opinion, even if it’s wrong…

Win 98 was a dog, only slightly better than ME; which isn’t saying much…  But, with that topping your list, I can see why you placed the other where you did…

Amazing…

PS. 3.1 (or 3.11; workgroups edition) wasn’t revolutionary at all… it was just the most stable, steady and effecient OS MS ever produced.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@gwk1967 wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:

 

Does it live up to the hype?


Yes, do tell. I preordered based on the positive reviews for the beta version, but I can still cancel. 


Ehh… It’s OK.  But I still think that Windows 3.11 was the finest piece of software that Microsoft ever produced, so you can take what I say with a large grain of salt.  I still prefer XP; I probably won’t switch from that until I’m forced to…

Well, what if I’m currently using Vista? XP 64-bit would cost ~3X what I preordered Win7 for.

The thing I like about 98SE is it’s size. A full install was a couple hundred meg. It did what it did well and very efficiently.

Here’s a familiar screen, GB!

3.11 rarely gave me the old BSOD.  I agree, it was a very stable release, did the job quite well.

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-04-2009 07:53 PM

@neutron_bob wrote:

Here’s a familiar screen, GB!

 

3.11 rarely gave me the old BSOD.  I agree, it was a very stable release, did the job quite well.

 

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-04-2009 07:53 PM

Seeing that picture is like meeting an old friend after many years apart…:wink:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Here’s a familiar screen, GB!

 

3.11 rarely gave me the old BSOD.  I agree, it was a very stable release, did the job quite well.

 

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-04-2009 07:53 PM

Wow . . . Netscape navigator, Eudora & File Manager. That really takes me back!

I had a LOT more games on mine though. Remember Chip? :smiley:

anyone recognize this screen?

This is as early as I go with computer games…somebody will recognize this, I bet.

 

Give up? Click here for the answer  (hint…Commodore Vic20, slightly modded by my uncle way back when)

My bro is using it and its REALLY cool!!!1

have u guys tried a mac os from 1993??? I have on my 1993 mac laptop. POWERBOOK!!!

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/12/127/127784.html?p=8

guy, we are getting off topic here… the discussion is about the windoze 7! oh wait, this is the off-topic discussion :smileyvery-happy:

anyway, just want to tell you all that i love this new windoze 7. i install it on an aspire one with atom 1.6 GHz and 512 and i am still get to use the aero.

bad thing is, its 7GB.  i only have 1GB left from the built-in 8GB SSD.  maybe that is why it’s called windoze 7 because it will take 7GB drive space. lol