Windows Media Player Problems

Has anyone experianced a problem when trying to sync with Windows media player? I connect my unit to my pc and the Autoplay asks me what to do, to which I choose sync device with windows media. Windows media searches for devices but cannot find my mp3 player. When I first got my connect it worked perfectly with windows media player. Is this a software issue or is something more seriously wrong? I have not attempthed to use the software that came with the connect because all my music is in windows media.

Can you see your player in Windows Explorer?

What version of WMP are you using?

Message Edited by GnisiBrianJ25us on 12-14-2007 12:34 PM

Yeah, the player shows up in explorer, but i noticed that explorer froze when I tried to open the player to view files. I am using WMP 11 with Vista.

Make sure your Sansa Connect is running the latest software version.  You can check under “home–>settings–>info–>Software versions”.  You should see 1.1.1.5037 for ZAP. 

Another thing you can try is to reset your device.  Just hold the power button for 20 seconds, and when you let go the device will go through its booting process.  This will NOT erase your device so no need to worry about that. 

Hope this helps.

-ML

ML-
   Thanks a lot for the help. Resetting the player did the trick. Its working like a charm.