"Windows Media Center Receiver Service has stopped working"

You should use KeepV Flash Converter and then take the Flash files from the KeepV and put those files into AVS video converter 6 there both free. Once the last program is done open windows explorer and put the converted files into the Sansa.

AVS video converter 6 is free but with restrictions… Their software is telling me to register (BUY) to get rid of the banner that is showing on the converted files…

Oh its a minute long no biggie if it bugs you that much then spend the 29 bucks and fix it. I mean look at it this way at least your issues are solved, no? So a itty bitty banner ain’t a bigge to me. Hell tell’em Sansa sent ya or better yet tell’em I sent ya and see if that gets you a discount…hehehehehhehehehehehe

Oh I didn’t know it was only minute long, that is no biggie…Thanks ! Any special configuration in the software…?? Thanks again

nope I jsut use the to MP4 tab and thats it if it could download youtube vids you wouldn’t need KeepV Flash Converter.Any way your welcome and enjoy those movies now.

Actually the AVS Video Converter 6 did NOT work… I used the default settings in the program and after I converted and let it detect the FUSE 2 GB for the “uploading” , which it does, it says " this type of file is not supported" during th upload…Any Ideas??

Hi! Starexplorer I took your advice on using bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff and now a bunch of programs won’t load.Can’t even run Internet Explorer. Is there any way I can put bcdedit.exe back to the way it was

Message Edited by theglows on 08-28-2008 11:14 PM

Message Edited by theglows on 08-28-2008 11:16 PM

You should be able to undo it by typing bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn at the command prompt.

Sigh,  I too have this ‘feature’.   WMC Receiver Service stopped working.  I am running Vista Home Premium.

I bought the View when i was away in the US (I am UK resident)   so no chance of taking it back.

I’m not a computer geek and dont have the time to mess around with freeware.

Does anyone from SanDisk view this board?  HELLO!!!    - are you working on a fix please -

I need my SanDisk View and i need my WMC.    HELP!!

:angry:

TTC

I finally got though to “level 2” tech support… They were not aware of this issue till now… They say it’s not a conflict with “Windows Media Center”, that it’s the TV tuner card conflicting with sansa media converter… They told me they were going to build a p.c. with a tuner card to try to replicate the issue… As soon I hear back from them I will post…

guys vista isn’t the only one that’s doing it…I have XP and I can’t even run it.

I’m taking mine back…this is bull**bleep** 

I’ve logged it as a problem with support and had a response.

Its hopeless - they say “Block (or uninstall) the WMC receiver while using the Media Converter.”

They cannot be serious!!!.  I thought these guys were a serious technology company :angry:

I am running the latest SMC.  Hopefully the 2nd Line Support guys can come up with something or i’m gonna post a DONT BUY THIS on AMAZON.

How do you block WMC

Don’t know. I’ve asked him if his “solution” was a serious suggestion.  Hopefully your 2nd line guys can find something.

I’ve downloaded the trial ARC Soft Converter but I think its a limited trial. I dont expect to pay $40 for something that works…

Perhaps I should have stayed with iPOD…

Aha!  Glad I found this thread as I have exactly the same problem.  I thought it was another application I’d installed.

I removed the Sandisk converter program and all is good again.

Can’t believe they are letting this go for so long. Where’s the company response here?

I suppose if I want to convert pics or video, I’ll install the converter to do it, but it’ll come right back off once it’s done.

I’ve said to San that having to keep installing & uninstall some software is not a solution.

The last response I had (Tuesday) was

“I have escalated your case to my management and i found out that Sandisk is still working on this issue, so far there is not a sure troubleshoot but as soon as i get this problem fixed i will notify you”

I also note that they have closed my support case!!! :angry:

How can they do that!!!

I’m gonna give them grief.

If you have this problem (and anybody who has this problem)   raise the issue on line with Sansa support.  I get the feeling they dont think its a real problem…

“I finally got though to “level 2” tech support… They were not aware of this issue till now… They say it’s not a conflict with “Windows Media Center”, that it’s the TV tuner card conflicting with sansa media converter… They told me they were going to build a p.c. with a tuner card to try to replicate the issue… As soon I hear back from them I will post…”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.FOLLOW UP

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I’M STILL WAITING ! ! ! ! ! !

I reopened the case and got a message that they are “working on it.”

That was 10 days ago.  i dont want to respond to the case status (waiting for customer response).

Last time i did that they closed the case.

I’m gonna negative post on Amazon…

still no fix from San and they’ve again closed my support case.

I am now off to Amazon to post a DO NOT BUY THIS CR@P review

Bye

TTC

I’M STILL WAITING ! ! ! ! ! ! :mansad: