Will this Micro SDHC card work in my Sansa Clip+ ?

Just want to make sure before I buy anything…

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-SDSDQ-8192-Adapter-Package/dp/B001B1AR50/ref=cm\_cr\_pr\_product\_top

Also , if it doesn’t work can you guys link me to a type or one that will ?

the card should work no problem. notice one thing though, it comes in bulk packaging and these would not be covered by sandisk manufacturers warranty. 

Hmm–SanDisk’s warranty doesn’t cover its products sold in bulk?

drlucky wrote:
the card should work no problem. notice one thing though, it comes in bulk packaging and these would not be covered by sandisk manufacturers warranty. 

I never knew that. The 8GB card I had for my Fuze last year came from Amazon in the bulk packaging…it always worked flawlessly though.

Thanks for the answer Dr.Lucky. Going to get it now. Amazing deal I must say…

drlucky wrote:

Miikerman wrote:
Hmm–SanDisk’s warranty doesn’t cover its products sold in bulk?

I would imagine it’s too easy to pass counterfeit cards this way if they are not sealed in SanDisk packaging.

But the card itself is marked.  Would SanDisk really require the packaging for the warranty to apply? 

Miikerman wrote:
But the card itself is marked.  Would SanDisk really require the packaging for the warranty to apply? 

There was someone here not too long ago that was having problems with a “SanDisk” card he bought off a seller on eBay. It was determined that it was counterfeit; a 2GB card passed as a 16GB one. If I recall correctly, he was able to ‘rub off’ the ink/paint/whatever markings on the card, further suggesting that it indeed was not a ‘genuine’ SanDisk memory card.

Paint and rubber stamps are cheap. It’s also obvious there are a lot of fake memory cards out there. I was only suggesting that maybe the bulk vs. SanDisk packaging is the only way they have of controlling the warranty. They may have decided this is the only way to protect themselves and their reputation.

Off-topic, but markings and packaging doesn’t say much: On MicroSD Problems

drlucky wrote:

Taking this into account, I spent an extra $4 this morning and ordered the 16GB card that was not in the bulk packaging.

As to fake cards, I also read a report of someone buying a card in an Asian market, and once he chose the model/manf. he wanted for the card, the vendor took the card and then placed it into the “appropriate” packaging …

Seems like packaging doesn’t offer any safeguard either; although I guess it adds one more layer of protection (and hassle for an unscrupulous seller).

Absent seeing something else, I find it unlikely that a manf. would not support a bulk product, absent proof of packaging (in a warranty request, does SanDisk ask the consumer to send the packaging back?  and how many consumers actually have it fror a card, especially years later?).  The real question, it seems to me, is whether the actual product is genuine.  A reputable seller is key in that regard.

edit:  Actually, the link above is where I had read about the practice of slipping a chosen card into the needed packaging.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 04-07-2010 12:56 PM