Will not convert my files convert button not even clickable

OK so i am trying to add some JPEG photos to my Sansa Fuze and i downloaded the converter followed the instructions added me media but the convert option is not clickable.

Can someone please tell me what  I need to do or what I am doing wrong.

Also i dont really know alot about computers & just got this thing so please explain it like i am computer stupid! 

Thanks

I am having same problem.  I think they may converted when added but I can’t get them onto the player.  Hope someone helps. please.  thanks lyn

Ditto with this problem.  I downloaded the converter, added the pix into the converter, but the converter button is grayed-out and cannot be clicked.  Since this was an important feature to me when buying I’m anxious to know what’s wrong.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!

OK, regarding my last post.  I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I tried re-booting the computer, which I hadn’t done since downloading the media converter and the “convert” button became active and all seemed to work just as it was supposed to.  The bad news is, now that I’ve disconnected and brought up my downloaded picture - the picture IS there but it’s locked up the player and I can’t even turn it off!  No buttons are functional now.  When I connect the player to my computer the computer no longer recognizes the player as even being there.  All I know to do is take out the battery to get it to turn off.  This is not a good sign I’m thinking…

Keep away from the pr0n!!!  

Just kidding!

You can “reset” your player without pulling the battery out by holding the power button for 15seconds.

Thanks for your reply.  I did find out about resetting (when all else fails, read the online manual) and that took care of everything.  I’ve even put a little video on the player now!  What a pro!

@Mimi

so all you did was reboot the computer to get the clickable CONVERT buton. interesting…since I have the same issue but have yet to reboot (I do reboot often but I am running a virtual environment so all installs (unless I say otherwise) are negated upon reboot. will deactivate my VE driver and do another install, and the REBOOT with SMC actually installed and see if the grayed out button is active.

Thanks for the tip.

noki 

i had that problem for a second…the player has to be plugged in to your computer for the convert button to be clicked…

@ronnieward1973 wrote:
i had that problem for a second…the player has to be plugged in to your computer for the convert button to be clicked…

I was going to ask that, as that wasn’t a step mentioned.

I always plug mine in first and then open SMC. 

Plus you have to choose the Fuze or the Card (if you have a card in your Fuze). Then click on the video, make sure it’s kind of highlighted, then the Convert button should be clickable.

Thanks all for your experiences. should help those with SMC issues. I will give it a go when I have a free day to goof around with the video stuff!

Happy new year to all!!

Noki 

After a lot of “futzing around” and a call to Sansa “Help” (in India) (who wasted more time & energy and provided no help at all), I was able to solve the dilemma about GREYED OUT CONVERT BUTTON on Sansa Media Converter *simply* by plugging in the Fuze (via USB cable) to my computer. As soon as I plugged in the Fuze, the Convert button “lit up,” enabling the conversion of files to Sansa-readable format. This was on a VISTA machine.

Good luck to those of you struggling to make sense of Sansa’s software. Sansa *really* needs to UPDATE and CORRECT its software, because end-users should not have to struggle for days on end, just to get a program function like the Convert button to work!

Further, it seems risky and sloppy for Sansa software and the Fuze to require you to plug the Fuze into your computer before it will convert a file, because AS SOON AS it converted, it also WROTE the file to my Fuze! That seems rather presumptuous and risky. I was expecting the program to convert the file and allow me to save to my hard drive first, so I could verify that it was what I wanted, before it went ahead and wrote the file to my Fuze, without asking me first.

Oh well, at least the software now works (sort of).

BTW, after all that hassle, the video that got converted and written to my Fuze is so TINY that I probably won’t bother to put additional videos on the Fuze. Not worth the bother, since it is hardly legible…

Good luck, folks.  Enjoy Sansa’s music capabilities–which is where it really “shines”!

:slight_smile:

I wish it would convert without my Fuze connected too.  Then I could just drag and drop (maybe) onto my Fuze.

I actually an see the video on my Fuze, I must have better eyes them some.  I enjoy watching them.  I also enjoy the music.  Radio.  Voice recording (which I haven’t used much).

Guten Tag everybody

I my self am a gadget lover owning a psp, ipod classic and now a sansa fuze.

It was most fun unboxing and holding it in my right hand next to the ipod.

But sadly that satisfying high was turned into a recession over seemingly simple matter.

All was well when I started “draging” a movie file(avi.) into the SMC.

A sudden messege apears from microsoft windows (vista) asking to send or close the malfunction.

Either way I would end up doing the same over and over again.

I new there had to be some more sophisticated tool like Videora for Ipod, which was not the case.

I live in the south/western countryside of Germany. Everyday I take a 45 min busride.

There is no better timekiller then watching a Family Guy Episode in such an odd location.

Somebody out there have a clue what might shut my SMC down everytime I try to add a video file ???

Thanks for your intersest             (=Gigadi gigadi=)

@sympaticoe wrote:

Guten Tag everybody

I my self am a gadget lover owning a psp, ipod classic and now a sansa fuze.

It was most fun unboxing and holding it in my right hand next to the ipod.

But sadly that satisfying high was turned into a recession over seemingly simple matter.

All was well when I started “draging” a movie file(avi.) into the SMC.

A sudden messege apears from microsoft windows (vista) asking to send or close the malfunction.

Either way I would end up doing the same over and over again.

I new there had to be some more sophisticated tool like Videora for Ipod, which was not the case.

I live in the south/western countryside of Germany. Everyday I take a 45 min busride.

There is no better timekiller then watching a Family Guy Episode in such an odd location.

Somebody out there have a clue what might shut my SMC down everytime I try to add a video file ???

Thanks for your intersest             (=Gigadi gigadi=)

64 bit vista?

its 32 bits.

And I don’t understand the term office box.

I just rebooted my hole system i mean from scratch, maybe thats the factor why.

Although all the updates should be installed.

Never mind Office Box I get it:dizzy_face:

@sympaticoe wrote:
Never mind Office Box I get it:dizzy_face:

Office Box…Thats not really the name…

Try this it might help

Konvertierung box

Suprizingly it didn’t, like 85% of the stuff i found.

I received my sansa fuze this morning   oh sorry I ment yeasterday morning 10.00a.m and it is now 06.15 a.m (german Time).

Lets put it that way the fear of GOD is in me, and I pray that the Lord have mercy on those souls who sold me that evil device.

I am still convinced about its physical practicality (fits in every pocket), but what villain developed that software.

Anyways in the end I am reliefed to have found a satisfying enough answer towards that/those video problem/s.

THE ANSWER: Win AVI Video Converter V8.0   (There is a trial version which I despise, but at least it proves that there is a God and your newly purchased gadget works)

Once downloaded and installed (ideally with membership):

1. Click on “convert to avi”

2.Select video file to convert 

3.Output Format click “advanced”

1. Insert Settings

Codec

Video: ZjMedia Mpeg-4 Encoder

Audio: ZJMedia Mp3 Encoder

Video Formate

Video Framerate: 20

Picture size

Width: 224

Height:176  

Audio

Sample rate: 44100

BiRate: 128000 

Now just drop it into the Video Folder and your prayers will be heard.

(credits go to my self and to many other unvoluntary sansa exorcists)

PS: In the end its all love, so please nobody take it too serious and enjoy life:wink:.

@sympaticoe wrote:

Suprizingly it didn’t, like 85% of the stuff i found.

I received my sansa fuze this morning   oh sorry I ment yeasterday morning 10.00a.m and it is now 06.15 a.m (german Time).

Lets put it that way the fear of GOD is in me, and I pray that the Lord have mercy on those souls who sold me that evil device.

I am still convinced about its physical practicality (fits in every pocket), but what villain developed that software.

Anyways in the end I am reliefed to have found a satisfying enough answer towards that/those video problem/s.

THE ANSWER: Win AVI Video Converter V8.0   (There is a trial version which I despise, but at least it proves that there is a God and your newly purchased gadget works)

Once downloaded and installed (ideally with membership):

1. Click on “convert to avi”

2.Select video file to convert 

3.Output Format click “advanced”

1. Insert Settings

Codec

Video: ZjMedia Mpeg-4 Encoder

Audio: ZJMedia Mp3 Encoder

Video Formate

Video Framerate: 20

Picture size

Width: 224

Height:176  

Audio

Sample rate: 44100

BiRate: 128000 

Now just drop it into the Video Folder and your prayers will be heard.

(credits go to my self and to many other unvoluntary sansa exorcists)

PS: In the end its all love, so please nobody take it too serious and enjoy life:wink:.

To be hones with you I am at work and I haddent had time to respond to your questions as fully as I wanted too. But that was going to be my suggestion, to find a video converter and make yourself an AVI file and then use SMC to add it.

sympaticoe,

Can you provide a wee bit of details on your finding?  I’d like to confirm that you simply dropped the file into the video folder as AVI.  This is, what’s the word, _ mit einer Medaille ausgezeichnet _?

What is your device firmware version?  Please look at the firmware version listed under Settings > Info.

I would love to test your method.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: