why won't sansa media converter uninstall?

ok so my sansa media converter wasn’t working so i deleted all its files and when i tried to go to the program and features in vista to completely delete i, it responded by giving me this message “Setup wizard detects that you have already installed Sansa Media Converter. Would you like to reinstall it?”

i was confused by this since i clearly did not want to install it but i complied and said yes and this box came up that said component transfer error. the box was sumthing like this :                 Component: Application

File Group:

File:

Error: Catastrophic failure

i don’t know why its doing this so if someone knows please help! this is very annoying. :frowning:

I think I’ll call them tomorrow and write my results here for those who’re also having the same problem.

I had something like this happen to me with another software program.  Somehow some of it’s files got corrupted and when I tried to uninstall it, I couldn’t.  It looked like the program was still there.  I couldn’t open it, couldn’t uninstall it.

What worked for me was this:  I downloaded the program again and installed it.  Then I rebooted my computer.  The installation went fine and I was able to open it.  After closing it, I then went into the control panel folder in windows (I have XP) and clicked on add/remove programs.  I scrolled down to the program I wanted to uninstall and clicked on the button that says “change/remove”.  The program uninstalled just fine.  Maybe this will work for you too.

@mags1230 wrote:

I had something like this happen to me with another software program.  Somehow some of it’s files got corrupted and when I tried to uninstall it, I couldn’t.  It looked like the program was still there.  I couldn’t open it, couldn’t uninstall it.

What worked for me was this:  I downloaded the program again and installed it.  Then I rebooted my computer.  The installation went fine and I was able to open it.  After closing it, I then went into the control panel folder in windows (I have XP) and clicked on add/remove programs.  I scrolled down to the program I wanted to uninstall and clicked on the button that says “change/remove”.  The program uninstalled just fine.  Maybe this will work for you too.

for you nosy and want-to-know people out there, this works. the reason that kelly1 had problems was because the uninstall program needs all the files of at least most of the files to uninstall itself.

Yes, when I installed the program again, it must have rewritten/replaced any of the damaged/missing files.

Yes so I called the helpline but they have no idea. Yes I tried to reinstall it however it won’t let me do that. It just says its already installed and just stops working or trying to be installed.  I’m trying to install it on another computer and transfer the files here and maybe it will let me uninstall.