Why no pink Clip+?

I would think that many women, especially young women, would want a pink Clip+.

2 Guesses:

1. If the original Gen1 pink Clip had noticeably much less sales volume than the other colors, it may be dropped and not worth the production changeover time.

2. They are releasing the most popular selling colors first and will add it in the future.

I kinda like the hot pink (not the baby pink), it looks hip! Time will tell!

But…what I would like to see is a solid snow white one, as a sneer to Apple, just think:

ipud owner:“Wow! Where did you get that cool new iPod? I haven’t seen those.”

Clip+ owner:“It’s not an iPod. It’s the new Sansa EggPod.”

ipud owner:“DOH! Do they make an oval one?”

Clip+ owner:(sigh…totally helpless here)

Message Edited by 14124all on 09-07-2009 04:55 PM

I think a black one with orange & yellow flames rising up of the bottom to the top would be gnarley.

Kinda like this:

I think a black one with flames rising up from the bottom to the top would be gnarley.

Kinda like this:

I am hoping for a pink Clip+, as my daughters would love it.

Personally, I’d love a pearl white one, it would be sublime.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I still like the silver reflective, and could see a bronze and platinum reflective as well, IF the visibility issue with the reflective could be handled.

@miikerman wrote:
I still like the silver reflective, and could see a bronze and platinum reflective as well, IF the visibility issue with the reflective could be handled.

I always thought that looked cool too. I may buy a Clip+ next summer, and I would love it if there was a silver one…after all, it’s not like any of them are that legible in the sunlight.:wink:

@jk98 wrote:
I would think that many women, especially young women, would want a pink Clip+.

I’m ready for some new colors, like green or purple.

People bought the silver for the cool reflective look–I think it’s a lost opportunity for SanDisk.

@miikerman wrote:
People bought the silver for the cool reflective look–I think it’s a lost opportunity for SanDisk.

Don’t be so sure that it wouldn’t happen.  The clip+ just debuted and the most popular size, the 4 gig, was released with three colors, while the 2 and 8gig is only in black.  I believe that as sales go on and requests are made, more colors in the different sizes will be produced.

My hunch is that Clip sales are only going to increase.  The fruit company announced today its new season lineup and the tiny Shuffle has limited more to offer:  more memory for less cost (which of course is great), plus additional colors and more headphone support.  But apart from its tiny size and interesting voice prompts, it is limited in the face of the Clip and Clip+ and costs more for 1/2 the capacity (even ignoring the Clip+'s expansion slot).  Combining that with the Clip+'s good reviews, I think more business willl come the Clip’a way.  Cool design and colors could only help SanDisk, especially with the more “design-oriented” crowd.

@miikerman wrote:
My hunch is that Clip sales are only going to increase.  The fruit company announced today its new season lineup and the tiny Shuffle has limited more to offer:  more memory for less cost (which of course is great), plus additional colors and more headphone support.  But apart from its tiny size and interesting voice prompts, it is limited in the face of the Clip and Clip+ and costs more for 1/2 the capacity (even ignoring the Clip+'s expansion slot).  Combining that with the Clip+'s good reviews, I think more business willl come the Clip’a way.  Cool design and colors could only help SanDisk, especially with the more “design-oriented” crowd.

Just a question,

everytime I see comparisons between Clip/Clip+ and iPod Shuffle. I don’t know U.S. market but in Italy there are more close competitors ( e.g Samsung, Sony and Philps ) than Shuffle. 

I think that Sansa should look more to these competitors than Apple. 

Message Edited by Ricky65 on 09-10-2009 06:30 AM

I think that Shuffle comparisons often are made due to the small form factor. 

@miikerman wrote:

I understand.

But Shuffle is smaller and if we consider only form factor the fruit wins. 

Honestly I dont’t like a so lilliputian player as new Shuffle, and consider the Clip/Clip+ size a good compromize between size and easiness of use, if you are looking for an audio only player. 

But looking what’s on the market now I consider the Clip more similar to Samsung YP-U5 or Philips Vibe than to iPod Shuffle. 

Message Edited by Ricky65 on 09-11-2009 01:45 AM

@ricky65 wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

I understand.

But Shuffle is smaller and if we consider only form factor the fruit wins. 

Honestly I dont’t like a so lilliputian player as new Shuffle, and consider the Clip/Clip+ size a good compromize between size and easiness of use, if you are looking for an audio only player. 

But looking what’s on the market now I consider the Clip more similar to Samsung YP-U5 or Philips Vibe than to iPod Shuffle. 

Message Edited by Ricky65 on 09-11-2009 01:45 AM

People are buying the u5 and the vibe??

iPods are the competition, the word iPod is the new ‘hoover’ - I am constantly correcting people when they ask me about my ‘iPod’.  Most mp3 player reviews make some reference to apple.  It’s the the way of the world. 

Lilliputian… now that is a word.

"I am constantly correcting people when they ask me about my ‘iPod’. "

When someone asks you which ipod that is, ask them what kind of Cadillac is a Lexus .  :slight_smile:

Who cares if it comes in pink?

The wrong speed, wrong pitch playback is unacceptable for a modern digital device.

My cheap digital watch is a hundred times more accurate.

This product is unusable by anyone who plays a musical instrument,

and wants to play along with the songs on their Clip+, for fun or to learn new songs. 

Who in there right mind wants to listen to there music played back off pitch/speed?

Why do most reviewers overlook this important quality problem.

The only way to keep manufacturers honest is to boycott willfully defective products like the Clip and Clip +.

Wavy, your point is valid. The effect is real, and  is something they are working on. The problem is only around 1/3 of what it used to be on the V1 Clip, and there will probably be some more reduction of this issue with further firmware updates. While your point is valid though, your tone is a bit too harsh. Only a very small percentage of those who buy a player are musicians and would consider a 1/4 of 1% pitch error a deal breaker if they like the player otherwise. Of course we would like the pitch error to be smaller though.

People are buying the u5 and the vibe??

iPods are the competition, the word iPod is the new ‘hoover’ - I am constantly correcting people when they ask me about my ‘iPod’.  Most mp3 player reviews make some reference to apple.  It’s the the way of the world. 

Lilliputian… now that is a word.

Yes I know that in the market there are mp3 players and iPods.

But luckily no all people buyes iPod.

Probably in USA the market is different but in Italy the other “half of the pie” is normally composed by Samsung, Sony and Philps players. 

Sandisk probably has a 1% of market share. In a big city as Milan ( the second city of Italy :angry: ) there just a shop that sells Sandisk players. 

Probably is the bad marketing policy od Sandisk Italy but is hard to find a Clip. 

It can be similar in the U.S., in finding a Clip in a physical store–much easier on-line, apart from limited stores.