Why isn't there a 16 GB Fuze?

@tapeworm wrote:

@dalaug234 wrote:

Well I did say I was a girl on the Photo Thread  

But mostly I figure it doesn’t matter so I don’t say it on every thread… maybe put it in my signature…

It shouldn’t and doesn’t matter. Not in the least! We’re an EOF (Equal Opportunity Forum) here. Nobody has to divulge what ethnicity they are or where they live, so why should it matter what sex one is?

Okay this thread is making me sick! please change this                               ^ to gender. i understand what your talking about. But…

Message Edited by sansafinder on 09-12-2009 07:52 PM

@sansafinder wrote:

Okay this thread is making me sick! please change this ^ to gender. i understand what your talking about. But…

It’s called equal rights, freedom of speech, & no discrimination based on differences. Something you’ll learn about in school and life when you grow up. 

But . . . now I think it’s time for someone to take their nap.

@tapeworm wrote:

@sansafinder wrote:

Okay this thread is making me sick! please change this ^ to gender. i understand what your talking about. But…

It’s called equal rights, freedom of speech, & no discrimination based on differences. Something you’ll learn about in school and life when you grow up. 

Some medication might also be in order.

:wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@sansafinder wrote:

I know about the equal rights thing and Blah blah. but that word means what you said and  the thing. Most of us kids already know about IT. About 95%. Am i the only Kid here?

@sansafinder wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@sansafinder wrote:

I know about the equal rights thing and Blah blah. but that word means what you said and  the thing. Most of us kids already know about IT. About 95%. Am i the only Kid here?

So you know about IT. And you know the word. So what? There was no discussion or explicit description of the act that word can sometimes mean. It (the ‘word’) was not used in this context anyway, so chill.

I’m satisfied we made our points.:stuck_out_tongue:

“sex” vs. “gender”, really? I think we have bigger problems to worry about than political corectness and the puritanical world view.

Back on topic, I doubt 64gb will hit primarily music players for quite a while after 64gb Touch. The Touch needs that much memory, it can run iPhone apps and has wireless networking, never mind a screen that’s big enough to tolerate watching video on. It’s meant for a different demographic and in a different price bracket than music players that happen to play videos. Meanwhile, we know better but to the uninformed consumer the Fuze just a less expensive iPod Nano, and how much memory does the uninformed consumer with their 128k MP3s need?

On the other hand, if more players (heh, and end-users) start to support FLAC, then all bets on the timeline to 64gb are off.

Edit: Ack! I missed a post a ways back.

@fuze_owner-GB, you said:

“I have a player where you have to manually update the Library.  I kind of like the feature, as you can update it when it is convenient for you.”

To clarify, that means manual DB refresh, right? If so, that would completely eliminate my gripe on the matter. It would make large memory on this platform feasible. They’d have to make that an option that defaults to “Auto”, of course, for the less-savvy.

Message Edited by Peach on 09-15-2009 08:37 AM

You’re right, the Fuze is to be the less expensive (and better) nano.  So maybe a 4gb, 8gb, 16gb fuze?  Or maybe just 4gb and 16gb.  Then people can either upgrade the 4 with a card or choose the 16 if they need more memory.  Currently without movies, I am fine with my 4gb fuze and 8gb card (although it’s filling up and wish I had got the 16gb card even at the price).

Even with the new video recoding nano, the Fuze can be a player others need (say in a gym) or don’t want all that fancy stuff.  Or need it in their player (I have 2 other devices that can record video–phone and digital camera).

I’m out of here! :stuck_out_tongue:

See how desperate some people are for more space. Some people are using this adapter with a Clip+ or Fuze, which lets them use a full sized 32 GB SDHC card with the player.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27001~r.21074969

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/sandisk/

@jk98 wrote:

See how desperate some people are for more space. Some people are using this adapter with a Clip+ or Fuze, which lets them use a full sized 32 GB SDHC card with the player.

I wouldn’t call that desperate. I’d say it was creative. :wink:

Since I did this over on the Clip+ board, let’s do it here too:

Sansa Fuze 2gb - $45 retail (including a 1gb microsd card!)

16gb Microsd card - $42 retail

Please combine these. Yank out the 2gb onboard, insert the 16gb onboard and sell me a 16gb Fuze for $87. Then I can add the 16gb card and have a 32gb player for $130.

Of course, it’s never going to happen as long as suckers continue to happily pay $60-$70 for the 8gb Fuze…

That’s an idea… however,  some, like me, don’t want to rip out a card of the main electronic equipment.  So an 8gb with a 16gb card is good (although I thought i’d only need a 4gb internal player).  and eventually we can put a 32 gb card in there… so now we’ll just suffer through with the Fuze as it is (just great). 

@robisan wrote:

Of course, it’s never going to happen as long as suckers continue to happily pay $60-$70 for the 8gb Fuze…

Then you won’t like the latest sale over at Woot. A refurbed 8GB Fuze for $44. :dizzy_face:

@dalaug234 wrote:

That’s an idea… however,  some, like me, don’t want to rip out a card of the main electronic equipment.  So an 8gb with a 16gb card is good (although I thought i’d only need a 4gb internal player).  and eventually we can put a 32 gb card in there… so now we’ll just suffer through with the Fuze as it is (just great). 

To be clear – I’m asking Sansa to do it, not suggesting users do it. I’m simply pointing out that based on retail prices for the components Sansa should be able to make/sell a 16gb Fuze for around $80.

I buy Sansa for the flac support, and more storage space is always very welcome when dealing with lossless files.  If they can cram it in there, I’ll pay for it!

For what it’s worth (great tune by the Buffalo Springfield)…I would buy a 16GB in a heartbeat if it still had the memory expansion slot.  I only went to Cowon, not because it is that great of a player but because of the 16GB onboard memory and an expansion slot (D2+).

Just to let Sansa know, if they are listening…

One would think that since Sandisk makes flash memory, they would have players with the greatest amount of flash memory of any player. Already there is a 32 GB player with a full sized card slot, and a 64 GB player made by other companies. It would be cool if Sandisk came out with a 32 GB player with a full sized SDXC card slot before any other company does.

A  player with 2 or 4 full sized card slots(SDXC?) would be cool. Photographers(both amateur and pro) would love a player with 2 full sized card slots so that they could back up their favorite images from a few cards onto a single card without having to carry a pc(although some netbooks are now quite small, I wonder how long the battery life is on them). Sometimes while taking photos at a special event someone might want to give copies of the favorite images to others. It would be annoying to have to bring along a pc to do this. I guess a player with a single full sized card slot could do this if it has a large internal memory, and can copy selected photos to the internal memory, and also write them to another card.

@jk98 wrote:

A  player with 2 or 4 full sized card slots(SDXC?) would be cool.

If Sandisk does come out with a player with full sized SDXC card slots, they’ll have to package their slot radio cards with an adapter.  Or just add that in with the player.

Good lord how has this thread gone 6 pages?

Why isn’t there a 16GB Fuze? Because Sansa hasn’t made one.

There. Close thread please.

That’s like me asking why Honda doesn’t make an 8 cylinder Accord. They have access to 8 Cylinder engines.

We have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. IMO the Fuze is near EOL. Won’t be much longer until it is “Viewed” (i.e. unofficially discontinued).

Something will be along soon to replace it and it may go up to 16GB. Or it may not. If it doesn’t, and you must have 16GB expandable player then buy something else.

Simple, really. :wink: