White screen

No worries, look up to post 17 above.

To manually reinstall the same firmware version (or any firmware version, for that matter), download the firmware (see the link to 01.02.26 in your case), then unzip the downloaded file , or select extract if this option pops up when opening the file.

The extracted file will display with a different name: fuzea.bin.  PLace the bin file on your desktop, or keep the window open following extraction.  Then, with the Fuze open (where you see the multiple folders, this represents the root directory , simply drag and drop the bin file into the box, but not into any of the folders.

After transfer, (if you are in MSC mode) use the Safely Remove Device button in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, or right click on the Sansa and select Eject.

When you unplug, the firmware will install again, and maybe we’ll have a normal Fuze again.

I have my fingers crossed.

Bob  :cry:

1 Like

ok Bob I transfered the fuzea bin into the root directory. I fail to understand on what I am removing. Am I removing the bin I transfered or the file that says version? I don’t see the pathway you are describing. I’m only in the root directory. heather

The terms “extract” and “unzip” are referring to the same thing.  Installing a new copy of the firmware is done by dragging and dropping a copy of the fuzea.bin file into the root directory (the box), then unplug the Sansa.

The Sansa will automatically install the firmware, replacing its old one with the new.

As mentioned above, do not do anything with the version file.

µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 05-04-2009 07:13 AM

Then I did what I thought and it still doesn’t work. Thanks anyways. I have a request into tech support. I figure by now I’ll have to send the Fuze back. thank you, again. Heather 

i had that problem. i dont know what caused it, but the only thing to do is crack it open very carefully disconect the pos. power lead to the battery then reconnect it. you wont lose any of your info if u do it right. i magine its a glitch in the system.

WELL I TALKED TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND I GUESS I HAVE A HARD DRIVE ISSUE. IN OTHER WORDS IT’S TOAST. LUCKILY THEY WILL TAKE IT BACK AND SEND ME A NEW ONE. THE TECH HAD NO ANSWER TO WHY THIS HAPPENED BUT THERE IT IS. THANKS TO ALL THAT TRIED TO HELP. BOB YOU’RE AWESOME AND IF I HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS, YOU ALL WILL BE MY FIRST STOP. THANKS AGAIN!! HEATHER:smileyvery-happy:

Yes, this is a very old thread, but it helped me fix my very old Sansa Fuze (ver.2 ).  I had the white screen, reformatted and reinstalled the firmware, and now it works again!  My screen has been cracked for awhile and I was afraid the LCD had finally died. Not so! Here’s to another 5 years of Fuze! Thanks, neutron_bob!