White Screen - All possible solutions tried and still no progress!

I’m not new to the sansa forum, but I’ve never posted. This problem has been so stubborn that I took the time to register so I could seek some help.

I own a black 4gb fuze with firmware version 2.03.31.

The entire screen has gone white and will not change. Every function of the device seems normal. I know this problem has come up with numerous people and I have been through every page on this forum regarding it.

However, I have formatted the fuze multiple times, downgraded and upgraded the firmware (through the sansa updater, and manually, both in MSC and MTP), and still the problem remains.

Am I missing something, or is it time to send it in?

As you’ve obvoiusly discovered lurking around the forum, there are numerous complaints of the ‘WSS’ (White Screen Syndrome) here. Some of the reasons & causes are known, some aren’t. Some are fixable, some aren’t.

This is a User’s Forum. We don’t have all the answers. Don’t get me wrong; I’m glad you signed up and welcome to the community. It’s a fun place and you can learn a lot by interacting with the others here, but . . .

There comes a time when you have to call the Pros (in this case SanDisk Tech Support) in and let them handle it. If they can’t find a solution, they can get you set up with an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization) and replace the unit for you if it is still under warranty.

This, I believe would be that time. :wink:

As you’ve obvoiusly discovered lurking around the forum, there are numerous complaints of the ‘WSS’ (White Screen Syndrome) here. Some of the reasons & causes are known, some aren’t. Some are fixable, some aren’t.

This is a User’s Forum. We don’t have all the answers. Don’t get me wrong; I’m glad you signed up and welcome to the community. It’s a fun place and you can learn a lot by interacting with the others here, but . . .

There comes a time when you have to call the Pros (in this case SanDisk Tech Support) in and let them handle it. If they can’t find a solution, they can get you set up with an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization) and replace the unit for you if it is still under warranty.

This I believe, would be that time. :wink:

I was beginning to believe this was the case. Just wanted to make sure I got another opinion to confirm there was naught else to do.

Much obliged.