White lines across screen/Replace or repair info?

I have a Sansa Fuze V2 that for a couple of months worked fine, but then a few horizontal white lines appeared, and over time multiplied, and currently occupy the entire screen.(Its still viewable, but imagine window blinds that are just barely opened). I have looked and looked and have found nobody with a similar problem, and have tried updating firmware, resetting, formatting, and nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

And since I’m aware of the inevitable response of “Send it to Sansa to get repaired”, I have a few questions about that possibility as well.

1. Do I need the original box? If not, how should it be sent?

2. I’m aware that this problem may be the cause of water damage(perspiration from being in my pocket), will they still repair it under warranty?

3. How do I go about the process of getting it repaired/replaced?

But in the end, a solution would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

You’ve tried all the software fixes, which means it’s likely a hardware problem: professional (Sandisk) repair. 

Call 1-800-SANDISK if you’re still under warranty. They’ll walk you through it. You shouldn’t need a box, but you’ll probably need proof of purchase.

You don’t have to confess about pocket perspiration. It’s warranted for a year under normal use. Let them decide eligibility.