Which one is the problem?

Hello, i had recently bought a clip plus from Amazon from Singapore in the Novemeber period last year. It has worked fine and dandy but yesterday when i took it to sleep, it might have been crushed. When I woke up this morning i found out that the sound are very fuzzy and differs on how you adjust the part near the wires to the plug. My previous phone’s mp3 also had such a problem. So i wanted to ask if its Sansa Plus Player or the earphones(Sansa’s one) is the problem?

Pardon my lousy English

To add on, sometime only the backgroud music plays, you would need to adjust the wires to make it. And this afternoon I bought another earphone but the problem persist, cheap one though costs about 6 dollars.

If you’re adjusting the wires it sounds like a headphone issue.  But since you tried new headphones that kinda rules that out.

The headphone socket on most devices can be easily damaged by inproper use.  If you managed to yank on the headphone cord hard while you were asleep, it could have been damaged.

Thanks for taking an interest to my question, so should I replace my Sansa Plus with a new one or should I buy better earphones since the 2nd one that I bought was cheap and most likely sucky.

Even if they ■■■■, you should have been able to hear the music in both ok.  You could try someone else’s headphones and see if that makes a difference.  Just don’t want you to pay out extra money for headphones only to realise it’s a hardware issue!

Thanks for the help, when I used my older earphones which was for my phone, the same thing happened. I am guessing it was a hardware issue. I always have these kind of issue with my mp3s, last 2 phone-mp3s were spoilt this way :confused:

Hmm I think maybe you should invest in some replugs for your devices.  They should help with the issue in the future (but won’t fix it now).  Contact sandisk for an RMA.

Replugs? Never heard of it but will try to be on a lookout for it in the near future. What is a RMA by the way. I am in Singapore and the guy that I bought the Clip from said that Clip had pulled out of Asia. So how do I contact Sandisk for an “RMA”.

Dragonus wrote:
Replugs? Never heard of it but will try to be on a lookout for it in the near future. What is a RMA by the way. I am in Singapore and the guy that I bought the Clip from said that Clip had pulled out of Asia. So how do I contact Sandisk for an “RMA”.

RMA = Returned Merchandise Authorization

And given that these things are made in China, I find it hard to believe the guy you bought it from knows what he’s talking about.

He is quite learned. He had done a lot of mass orders for the mates in Singapore who crave a Clip. So where do I send my Clip for repairs? USA?

SanDisk does not offer any repair service as the labor would exceed the cost of the unit. However, you should be able to find the nearest Tech Support Center here to inquire about an RMA.

Ahh, just realised I can’t read chinese. Do you have other websites that have english?

maybe this?

http://kb-zh.sandisk.com/app/ask/

When I clicked on the “Sumbit A Question” from the Singapore one, they gave me the above.