Which is the newer?

One has on/off switch on the side, other one has button on top… Which is the newer Sansa Clip 4g

Original Clip (older)

Clip+ (newer)

Clip Zip (newest)

Ok, I think I goofed on my discription… I have 2 different Sansas… one is a 2g with the of/off switch on the side… The other one is a 4 g with the on/off button on top of the unit… Does this help? Thanks…

@1puf wrote:

Ok, I think I goofed on my discription… I have 2 different Sansas… one is a 2g with the of/off switch on the side… The other one is a 4 g with the on/off button on top of the unit… Does this help? Thanks…

Not really. The original Clip and the Fuze had the power (spring-loaded slider) switch on the side of the player. The newer Fuze+, Clip+ and Zip have the power button located on the top of the player. The older View and e200’s power button was combined with the Home button on the face of the unit.

Why don’t you look here and see if you can identify your models? Then we can tell which of the two you have is newer.

Does the newest Clip Zip have any extra or new functions, like a permanently programable sleep mode? I looked at the user’s manual online but couldn’t fine any differences.

Extra/new functions?  Yep, like .aac file play, a timer, a time-of-day indicator, album art . . . .

These indeed are mentioned in the manual and you also can find them described in the various reviews in the Clip Zip forum (see the sticky thread at top). 

And you should start a new thread. Your question really doesn’t have anything to do with the subject of this one.

my apologies

Thanks for your reply… I have the newer clip… Bill