wheel is skippy

I did a search and didn’t find anything relevant. Sometimes my scroll wheel stops working properly. It’s mostly stuck or it skips a bit. I hold the reset button a bit, then turn it on and it will work fine.

Today it happened after I unplugged it from my computer. It was in standby mode overnight. Yesterday it happened when I held the button to add a song to the golist.  

I had read one post where someones wheel was gooped up and not working, but mines not gooped up. I wonder if there will come a time when it doesn’t work at all. Is this a common issue?

mcostas wrote:

I wonder if there will come a time when it doesn’t work at all.

Is this a common issue?

Possibly.

No, but it’s still something that shouldn’t be happening on a new unit, and over time it certainly won’t get any better. I’d suggest exchanging or getting a replacement now, rather than later.

It must have seen me typing, it hasn’t done it today. It’s been working great! I just got a fiio headphone amp and it seems to make the computer speakers (which sound pretty good anyway) even clearer!

I obviously need more than 1 mp3 player.

A Ha!! It seems to happen when it is plugged into the computer and goes into stand by. It’s like it wakes up cranky. I turn it off and on (dont’ have to hold button) and it’s fine. So far.