What kbs do you rip at for best sound vs. storage space?

Not sure if I have the correct unit of measure for data space correct or not, but you know the standard for MP3 ripping is 128.  I like to do 192 because it sounds better and I can still get upwards of 360 songs on my 2gb Clip, which is enough.  Just wondering what everyone else rips at, as a general rule.

I have all my mp3s encoded at 192 Kbps. Only my DRM-protected files are at 128 Kbps.

I rip at 320 mp3 format!  dont seem to sound any better then 192?  but, my mind thinks its better!:neutral_face:
so, what the he**:manmad:

I have noticed that when I convert to 320, The music sometimes seems uneven In sound? example—If Im playing a song, It somtimes seems to fade in and out?!  However, only with heaphones?  In the jeep It sounds pretty good!:dizzy_face:

Message Edited by justice70 on 02-16-2008 04:12 AM

I rip my CDs into FLAC, then transcode on the fly to VBR MP3 around 160kbps (someday I’ll post the exact LAME settings I use.)

@rickh wrote:

Not sure if I have the correct unit of measure for data space correct or not, but you know the standard for MP3 ripping is 128.  I like to do 192 because it sounds better and I can still get upwards of 360 songs on my 2gb Clip, which is enough.  Just wondering what everyone else rips at, as a general rule.

Is there any way to tell what they’re ripped at?  How do you set the settings?  What do you use to rip them/set the settings?