What is the CD Called to use detact your Sandisk Fuze Under My Computer?

What is the CD Called to use detact your Sandisk Fuze Under My Computer?

Wow!  Now that’s a big font.  Are you asking about an “installation CD” with drivers?

Welcome to the freedom of the Sansa.  You don’t need any CD.

The Sansa will communicate as a basic flash drive, or as a media device, depending upon the mode you select.

The “drivers” for the device to communicate are built in to Windows.  MTP mode, allowing communication with Windows Media Player, and secure wma (DRM), is included with Windows Media Player 10 and 11.

In basic MSC mode (or even in MTP), you can use Windows Explorer to drag and drop your audio files to the Music folder on the device.

In MTP mode, best with Windows Media Player, you simply drag and drop your music to the Sync Pane of the player, and send it to the Sansa.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

But when i connected to the computer it cant be detacted.

Here’s a link of a pictute http://www.mediafire.com/?woqtgefw2zz of what it show up for me when I connect my Fuze.

I just got a SanDisk Fuze and when i connected to the computer it cant be detacted.

Here’s a link of a pictute http://www.mediafire.com/?woqtgefw2zz of what it show up for me when I connect my Fuze.

How about you upload your picture on a site like imageshack.us so I don’t have to download a file from you…

And how about giving us some more information so that we can actually help you?

Like, what operating system do you use? 

Sry.,I got window xp and service pack 3, i have WMP 11 and Rhapsody

If you need more just tell me what you need.

Message Edited by HassanB on 03-17-2009 04:23 PM

You don’t need an installation CD to detect yoru Sansa Fuze with Windows XP.

When you plug it into your computer, XP should automatically recognize the device.

Depending on which USB mode, MSC: you use it will either show up as flash memory (like a USB flash drive) under “Devices with Removable Storage”.  Or in MTP it will show up at the bottom as  media device.

Have a look at the Installation cd topic.

Just to confirm, when you plug in your Fuze nothing happens? 

yea nothing happens when i plug it in

Can you try plugging it in another computer?  

If it doesn’t work in the other computer then there’s a problem with your Fuze or the cable. 

It works on my dad’s job computer but not mines

what can i do to make it work in my compter?

@hassanb wrote:

It works on my dad’s job computer but not mines

what can i do to make it work in my compter?

Have your tried every one of your USB ports? It may be such a thing as you have a bad USB port.

yea

Probably not the solution you are looking for but…Call SanDisk. I dont know.

This problem makes no sense…

Do USB drives work on your computer?  If you plug in a USB flash drive, does the computer recognize it?

Go in the Fuze’s settings, under USB mode put it on MSC.  Plug it in.  It should be recognized like a regular flash drive.  

@corilof wrote:

This problem makes no sense…

Do USB drives work on your computer?  If you plug in a USB flash drive, does the computer recognize it?

Go in the Fuze’s settings, under USB mode put it on MSC.  Plug it in.  It should be recognized like a regular flash drive.  

I was confused too. It seems like there is a compatablility issue somewhere but its not one I have heard before.

I got a ipod and ever time i connect that it always works.

@hassanb wrote:
I got a ipod and ever time i connect that it always works.

Did you try putting your Fuze in MSC USB mode and plugging it in? 

yea. annd MTP and atuo

The only thing that popped into my head was… well… does your computer not have USB 2.0 ports? Maybe the Fuze is not compatible with non 2.0?

Even my broken Fuze shows up when I plug it in. It shows up as ‘Unrecognized Hardware,’ but it shows up :stuck_out_tongue:

yea