Scripts are used by the websites to improve user experience and occasionally when the browser can’t debug the scripts on a website, script errors pop up on the screen. The same happens when a user accesses their QuickBooks Online account or perform any action in the application that is running on your browser. Script errors not only affect QuickBooks Desktop and Online but a number of other online application that executes over the browser. Down below we have listed a detailed and sure-shot method to resolve Script error in QuickBooks:
NOTE: Internet Explorer is the default browser used by QuickBooks and Intuit suggests using the same for any online activity using QuickBooks. Make sure you have set up the Internet Explorer as your default internet browser.
Solution: Disable Script Debugging in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Setting icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- If the Setting icon is missing from the browser then click Tools and select Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and click Settings.
- Go to the Browsing category and put a checkmark beside the Disable Script Debugging option.
- Click OK to save the settings and restart the browser.
- Try running QuickBooks once again and check if the error is resolved.
In case if the error is still not resolved then try updating your internet browser and check the results. For any help related to the steps mentioned above or for any other query related to QuickBooks Script Error dial QuickBooks Support Number (844)-888-4666.