what are your favorite bands/artists/singers/musicians?

If you like(d) Blue Oyster Cult; next month[ONLY], January 2 - 31 2009 you can see a total stereo video of BOC at the bottom of this page  http://www.geocities.com/acgm11/

You will need FLASH, and yes 3D glasses.

Link is only good for January 2009. If you are reading this before January you would be to early for BOC (but you would know where to get glasses), If you are reading this after January, sorry you’re to late - there is no link.

Don’t laugh.

The Beatles

Simon &Garfunkel

Wings

Mozart

Albinoni

Gershwin

Mussorgsky

Beethoven

Stevie Wonder

Tom Petty

BEATLES (Have over 500 Beatles CDs, std. issue,boot & import. All are “silver-stamped” discs most from late   80’s before the influx of CD-R boots.)

Rolling Stones,Who,Doors,Led Zeppelin,Jimi Hendrix,Hollies,Sheryl Crow (pre-Wildflower),Traffic,Cream,

Badfinger,Aerosmith,Black Sabbath,Bob Dylan,Jefferson Airplane,Buffalo Springfield,Chicago,Deep Purple,

ELO,Elton John (early),ELP,Fleetwood Mac,Guess Who,Heart,Jethro Tull,King Crimson (early),Pink Floyd,Spirit,

Supertramp,TRex,Uriah Heep,U2,Van Halen,Boston,Foreigner,Cars,Yes & more!!!

Did I say Classic Rock?

Think my age is showing - LOL!!!

I have a massive collection I got my 10,500th track today. The bands mentioned by sauros, JK98, 14124all, that is the base. I have albums by every artist on these guys lists.

I have every album by the Beatles ever, First pressings on Vinyl US, and forign releases, 8 tracks Cassettes you name It I got it.

I also have first pressings of every Floyd and Zepplin album, (I have searched the world for these things)

I Bought my First Metallica Album with my own allowance at age 5, and have pure releases of evey one of their albums (Still in Plastic Not touched by flesh) 

 I haveebery Queen album (U.S. and forign release) except Killer Queen (UK Release) on vinyl.

Those 5 are my 5 favorites. I leave my own band off because as much as I love my own music We are no where near the caliber of these groups.

Also if people would Like I hear more new music in a week than most people hear in an entire year. And Like I said I can post what I hear on here for you all to check out. Let me know either by response or Private Message and I would be more than glad to keep you in the loop. 

@conversionbox wrote:

I have a massive collection I got my 10,500th track today. The bands mentioned by sauros, JK98, 14124all, that is the base. I have albums by every artist on these guys lists.

 

I have every album by the Beatles ever, First pressings on Vinyl US, and forign releases, 8 tracks Cassettes you name It I got it.

I also have first pressings of every Floyd and Zepplin album, (I have searched the world for these things)

I Bought my First Metallica Album with my own allowance at age 5, and have pure releases of evey one of their albums (Still in Plastic Not touched by flesh) 

 I haveebery Queen album (U.S. and forign release) except Killer Queen (UK Release) on vinyl.

Those 5 are my 5 favorites. I leave my own band off because as much as I love my own music We are no where near the caliber of these groups.

 

Also if people would Like I hear more new music in a week than most people hear in an entire year. And Like I said I can post what I hear on here for you all to check out. Let me know either by response or Private Message and I would be more than glad to keep you in the loop. 

Massive?  Not quite yet…:smileyvery-happy:

I think at last count I’m up to 12,000 individual CDs and albums.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:

I have a massive collection I got my 10,500th track today. The bands mentioned by sauros, JK98, 14124all, that is the base. I have albums by every artist on these guys lists.


Massive?  Not quite yet…:smileyvery-happy:

 

I think at last count I’m up to 12,000 individual CDs and albums.

That was a typo. It should have read 105,000. And that number is now 105,100 approx.

I think there’s a couple here suffering from mp3 envy. “I’ve go more than you do . . . Nah Nah!”

You guys look across in the next urinal in the public restroom too? :smileyvery-happy:

What’s really funny though, is that there are bone heads out there that will rip this many tracks at like 28kbps, put them all on their 8GB Fuze and actually call it MUSIC.

Oh yeah, and then they’ll p!ss & moan about the +/- 4000 song limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think there’s a couple here suffering from mp3 envy. "I’ve go more than you do . . . Nah Nah!"

You guys look across in the next urinal in the public restroom too? :smileyvery-happy:

What’s really funny though, is that there are bone heads out there that will rip this many tracks at like 28kbps, put them all on their 8GB Fuze and actually call it MUSIC!

Oh yeah, and then they’ll p!ss & moan about the +/- 4000 song limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, see how easy it is to get off-topic here?

@tapeworm wrote:

I think there’s a couple here suffering from mp3 envy. "I’ve go more than you do . . . Nah Nah!"

 

You guys look across in the next urinal in the public restroom too? :smileyvery-happy:

 

 

 

What’s really funny though, is that there are bone heads out there that will rip this many tracks at like 28kbps, put them all on their 8GB Fuze and actually call it MUSIC!

 

 

Oh yeah, and then they’ll p!ss & moan about the +/- 4000 song limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

 

 

Wow, see how easy it is to get off-topic here?

Can you truly be off topic in the off topic board?I Dunno

I do agree though on the people ripping at absurdly low rates and then whining though:wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-14-2009 03:16 PM

Its not mp3 envy. Its a perk of my job. Our radio station has a 3 million song database. If I hear a song I like I can put it on my flash drive. And It wind up on my computer. This accounts for I would say 10,000 songs. Then If you figure 18 tracks per CD, thats only 5,500 CDs approx. I have more than that. Its all because I have been in the music industry, for 8 years (This march). If somebody gave you a CD you would take it. And BTW I dont listen to most of my tracks, but you never know what you would be in the mood for.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-14-2009 03:57 PM

@tapeworm wrote:

I think there’s a couple here suffering from mp3 envy. "I’ve go more than you do . . . Nah Nah!"

 

You guys look across in the next urinal in the public restroom too? :smileyvery-happy:

 

 

 

What’s really funny though, is that there are bone heads out there that will rip this many tracks at like 28kbps, put them all on their 8GB Fuze and actually call it MUSIC!

 

 

Oh yeah, and then they’ll p!ss & moan about the +/- 4000 song limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

 

 

Wow, see how easy it is to get off-topic here?

Sorry, no mp3 evny here, as I don’t use that lowly format.   :smileyvery-happy:

In fact, I rip very few tracks to be placed on a DMP.  I tend to listen to the music in it’s native format; whether that be diamond discs, shellac, vinyl, CD or whatever.

I too was a DJ (in the dark ages of vinyl and tape) and am a practicing musician, so I probably a bit more fussy than the normal consumer.  I only collect and keep what I’m going to listen to more than a few times.

I have been trying to reduce my collection, as time allows.  Whenever I get through with an audio restoration, I usually give the original to someone who will appreciate it.  I’m in it for the music, not the collection…

@marvin_martian wrote:

Can you truly be off topic in the off topic board?

Good point! :smiley:

CB & GB -

Chill dudes . . . I’m just messin wit’ya. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

CB & GB -

 

Chill dudes . . . I’m just messin wit’ya. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know… Just wanted to clarify.

@tapeworm wrote:

CB & GB -

 

Chill dudes . . . I’m just messin wit’ya. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta remember, we are both on record as liking to ruffle feathers!!!:smileyvery-happy:

I have to chime in with some kudos on your listening tastes.  There’s some good stuff there.  Nice to see King Crimson, I miss listening to the Discipline LP, with Elephant Talk and Thela Hun Jinjeet.  Gotta get that in digital.

I like a wide variety, from Jazz at the Pawnshop, love the remastered RCA classical records from Chesky, the stuff mastered on the Westex recorder, in the 50’s!  Recordings so well done you’d swear the masters are digital.

I like the console work done by guys like Trevor Horn, some well disciplined, quality studio work that shows what a good engineer can contribute to the music.

Lately, I’ve been surprised at the quality performances by Tim Story, especially Beguiled.

Times when I want to chill, a little Michael Stearns is the hot ticket.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@tapeworm wrote:

CB & GB -

 

Chill dudes . . . I’m just messin wit’ya. :stuck_out_tongue:


Gotta remember, we are both on record as liking to ruffle feathers!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Yo GB… Do you like underground music? Things like New York Dolls, The Pixies, Velvet Underground? I ask because if you drop the & out of the way Tape put our Innitials you get CBGB. The night Club where these bands played regularly and got their start.

@conversionbox wrote:


@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@tapeworm wrote:

CB & GB -

 

Chill dudes . . . I’m just messin wit’ya. :stuck_out_tongue:


Gotta remember, we are both on record as liking to ruffle feathers!!!:smileyvery-happy:


Yo GB… Do you like underground music? Things like New York Dolls, The Pixies, Velvet Underground? I ask because if you drop the & out of the way Tape put our Innitials you get CBGB. The night Club where these bands played regularly and got their start.

I like all music… in fact, since you mentioned them… I’m adding the Pixies discography to my fuze right now.  Yup… Never thought of it CBGB’s … cool club.   I don’t know if it was there or another dive in NYC, but I saw one of the Ramones first live shows somewhere in a dingy little club in the early 70’s…

mine are:

The Decemberists

NRBQ

Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci

Wire

The Cure

Pink Floyd

Los Campesinos!

Radiohead

Why?

Blur

New Order

Drive-By Truckers

Arctic Monkeys

Pulp

The Smiths

And several more. I’m sure I forgot a few.

Message Edited by DocStrange on 01-26-2009 08:21 AM

@docstrange wrote:

mine are:

<–Smith–>

The Smiths

 

And several more. I’m sure I forgot a few.

Message Edited by DocStrange on 01-26-2009 08:21 AM

Just thought you might want to check this out. I too love The Smiths. Its an awesome Album.

http://www.mp3.com/rock-pop/genre/13/show_site_blog_entry.html?genre_id=13&topic_id=3657387