What are you listening to right now?

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies

Hello Hooray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXy4h5xLSM&feature=related

In honor of Ronnie James Dio, who succumbed to stomach cancer 1 year ago today, I’m going back to Ronnie’s (commercial) beginning . . . Elf. The self-titled album, released in 1972 has been one of my all-time favorites since. Long before the ‘dungeons & dragons’ heavy metal god he became known as, Ronnie (or Ronald Padavona as he was listed on the album) sang some boogie-woogie rock’n’roll and played bass guitar.

While there are more up-beat songs on this album (and I love them all and encourage anyone to check them out), I think Never More is appropriate for this occasion.

Elf’s 2nd effort from 1974.

L.A. 59 (which by the way was the album’s title as it was originally released in the US)

The 3rd and final installment of Elf (1975). Note that Ronnie is ‘featured’ here under his new name Ronnie James Dio. Ritchie Blackmore recruited most of the group to form Rainbow who released their first album later the same year.

Wonderworld

Continuing with my chronological Dio tribute . . .

Man On The Silver Mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE

How about a “Judgement Day” playlist to pass the time until the end? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll start with R.E.M., “It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)”.

Followed by Blondie’s “Rapture”.

:smileyvery-happy:

Good idea . . . how 'bout The End and Break On Through (To The Other Side) by

I am listening to Katty Perry right now.  Just want to have some twist tonight 

_ The Look of Love _ is the sixth album by Canadian jazz pianist and vocalist Diana Krall, released in 2001 (see 2001 in music). It became Diana Krall’s best-selling album, best-selling album of Canada and best-selling album of 2001. Billboard ranked album at number 5 on the magazine’s Top Jazz Albums of the Decade.

1 Like

@marvin_martian wrote:

Good choice, Marvin!

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Good choice, Marvin!

I love her voice, and she plays a pretty good piano too…so it’s a win-win! :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I love her voice, and she plays a pretty good piano too…so it’s a win-win! :smileyvery-happy:

Besides, she does have that “look”. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlsNEBOLIQ&feature=player_embedded

Mellow mood, sitting in the back yard, after a ride, just before sundown.  Time for some Mary Youngblood , from the Feed the Fire album.  I really like Dreams to Find, a cool mix of acoustic guitar and traditional flute.

The song makes me miss sitting in front of a $40,000 set of electrostatic Sound Lab A1 speakers, ah, the old days.  The mellow percussion and bass simply can’t be experienced as well without them, pure joy.  Well, the old trusty e280 is nice with the big Macallys for today.

For those of you who may listen to Rhapsody, check out the Healing Winds Channel.  Simply outstanding!  It’s one of my favorites.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Getting ready to take a walk, and the walking music du jour will be this…