What are you listening to right now?

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

GB where did you Pick this one up. I cant find it in the states. I love this album.

CB:

Got it at amazon

Harvey Mason purchase information

PS. The one that is kind of hard to get is his 1982 release “Stone Mason”…saw some joker in some LP forum trying to sell it for $650!!!

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 02-19-2009 10:57 AM

I have that one Digitized. A Friend of Mine had me listen to it and I really liked him so I used the USB Turntable to record it, and then sent a check. I have been looking to add all of Harvey’s stuff to my collection but Im not gonna shell out 650. I will find it one day at a used record shop where they dont know what they have.

@conversionbox wrote:
I have that one Digitized. A Friend of Mine had me listen to it and I really liked him so I used the USB Turntable to record it, and then sent a check. I have been looking to add all of Harvey’s stuff to my collection but Im not gonna shell out 650. I will find it one day at a used record shop where they dont know what they have.

Yup.  A buddy of mine gave me “Stone Mason” digitized as well; and I’ve been kind of looking on and off for it.  I had to chuckle when I saw the price tag of $650 on the LP fourm.  I want to find an “OK”, not necessarily great copy and use my restoration software to do it’s magic.  My local “Goodwill” gets old LP in by the crates; and I have the mgr. looking out for me, for that and a few other releases.

Thats how I got Kill 'Em All by Metallica

Captain Beyond - S/T

Featuring former Deep Purple Vocalist Rod Evans (IMHO, the best Purple vocalist)

Captain Beyond - Live

_ Rodrigo y Gabriela _ is the second studio album by Mexican musical duo Rodrigo y Gabriela. It was first released in Ireland on February 17, 2006, where it debuted at #1 on the Irish Albums Chart. The album included covers of Led Zeppelin’sStairway to Heaven” and Metallica’sOrion”, two artists whom the duo say influenced their music. Their album was subsequently certified platinum in Ireland[1].

Hmmm . . . Mexicans in Ireland, huh? Who woulda thunk it?

Kinda makes me hungry for corned beef & cabbage burritos! :smileyvery-happy:

Ok how do you guys get your pics to show up? I have tried a dozen times and never once has it worked.

See what you started with the Harvey Mason album, GB?

OK, we’re going old school here-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_of_Blue

Oasis Lyla off the album Dont Believe the truth!

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-20-2009 01:33 AM

Whatever People Say I am, that’s what I’m not by the Artic Monkeys

@tapeworm wrote:

See what you started with the Harvey Mason album, GB?

Great stuff…

Ingrid Michaelson - “Be OK”

Buckcherry - Black Butterfly

Santana’s Supernatural!

Ottmar Liebert - Nouveau Flamenco

For giving this album 4 stars, this reviewer doesn’t have many good things to say about it. I totally disagree & think it’s phenomenal myself. I wish I had more of Ottmar’s music.

I just recently got introduced to this guy…very interesting.

His beginnings as a violinist long behind him, Chicago-born Andrew Bird has been sculpting ever more complex and convincing musical worlds since his first album in 1997. On his fifth release, Bird offers up no answers to the mysteries in the world around us, but does take on the thornier elements with poetic verve. The instrumentation is bracingly inventive, but never for mere shenanigans or showmanship. The songs are each a perfectly formed vignette. And he’s a world class whistler; not the loud summoning blast, but the supple and nuanced vibrato-laced melodicism of a master. There is no shortage of utterly riveting songs here. They work their magic on their own believable terms, without a hint of cloying nostalgia or riff-fueled seduction. -

@tapeworm wrote:

Ottmar Liebert - Nouveau Flamenco

For giving this album 4 stars, this reviewer doesn’t have many good things to say about it. I totally disagree & think it’s phenomenal myself. I wish I had more of Ottmar’s music.

I’m curious about this…I have heard of him, and I love a well-played acoustic guitar.