What are the levels for a profile on this forum?

Is there a status “upgrade” on this forum like to turn into gurus and how do you do that?

Message Edited by NissanSkyline on 03-14-2009 10:18 PM

@nissanskyline wrote:
Is there a status “upgrade” on this forum like to turn into gurus and how do you do that?

All we can tell you is that when it happens you will know. But It is automatic. There is nothing you can do but keep comming back and contributing to these forums.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-14-2009 10:23 PM

thanks for the answer…very descriptive…yeaah…:wink:

@nissanskyline wrote:

Nope. You are destined to remain a ‘Newbie’ for eternity, or until you pay the the current Gurus the application fee, whichever comes first. :stuck_out_tongue:

what do you mean thereis only the level of newbie and then guru?

@nissanskyline wrote:
what do you mean thereis only the level of newbie and then guru?

Nope! There are more but as I said contribute to the Sansa community and your status will be adjusted as such.

And don’t forget your ‘tithing’ at each stage, or you’ll be dropped back to ‘n00b’ status. :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:
And don’t forget your ‘tithing’ at each stage, or you’ll be dropped back to ‘n00b’ status. :smileyvery-happy:

And by “tithing”, he means the sacrificing of stray pets, barnyard animals, and the occasional sorority girl.

haha

So is this the official “n00b sniping” thread??

There’s also Sansa User and I THINK  Sansa Master (or something like that…)
THEN and ONLY THEN can you keep posting to become a GOO ROO

EDIT:
Never mind the master, it’s “Fanatic”

Message Edited by AutobahnSHO on 03-14-2009 11:14 PM

@autobahnsho wrote:

haha

So is this the official “n00b sniping” thread??

There’s also Sansa User and I THINK  Sansa Master (or something like that…)
THEN and ONLY THEN can you keep posting to become a GOO ROO

There are 2 more and its not master its professor.

Yes, I am working toward Sansa Nut soon.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

To become a “fanatic” it is necessary to seize and trample at least 7 (seven) mp3 players named after fruits from members of high-school football teams. 

To become a “professor” you must complete a degree and accreditation program from the highly selective Sansa University, which has an application printed in invisible ink and holds enrollment ceremonies only under the third and seventh full moons of each odd-numbered year. 

To become a “guru” you must undergo a rigorous training and purification ritual involving fasting, Sanskrit studies, marathon running, assembler-language programming proficiency, tantric sex and juggling.  Beyond that, we are sworn to secrecy.  

It would never be something as simple as the number of posts. 

And of course to become a Guru you have to shave your head, wear only robes, commando style, be able to walk across rice paper without shredding it, and be able to snatch the pebble from sansafix’s outstreched palm

ha, ha, ha very funny. This is what you guys did to a sansa e200 user and she did not get her problem solved. All you guys did was make fun of her for saying she has a sansa fuse e280 (even though that was funny) and I, which am a noob had to help her and told her to format it. This is why i think that you guyz should stop noob sniping and take thing seriously (no offense).

@nissanskyline wrote:
ha, ha, ha very funny. This is what you guys did to a sansa e200 user and she did not get her problem solved. All you guys did was make fun of her for saying she has a sansa fuse e280 (even though that was funny) and I, which am a noob had to help her and told her to format it. This is why i think that you guyz should stop noob sniping and take thing seriously (no offense).

We’re joking with you on this because the profile levels don’t matter…anyone with ideas to help can help. All the levels mean is that we’ve been here longer

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ok

@marvin_martian wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

We’re joking with you on this because the profile levels don’t matter…anyone with ideas to help can help. All the levels mean is that we’ve been here longer

I feel like my status is not so much a reflection on my time here but rather on my severe nerdy ness (Which I love!)

I agree on the status, we joke because it isn’t important at all, at least I do.  I get upset when somebody is put down, there’s no place for elitism in my book.

The goal here is to help eachother find true Sansa Happiness.  You don’t need to be a guru for that.

I was more upset at needing to switch to bifocals this last week, now that made Daddy (me) feel old.  My folks had a good laugh at that.  Hey, I can really ZOOM in on the Sansa display now, it’s sharp and very cool.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@conversionbox wrote:

I feel like my status is not so much a reflection on my time here but rather on my severe nerdy ness (Which I love!)

2000+ posts in three months is downright twitchy, lol…

I believe the n00b to whom you refer got her answer from the FAQ that was posted in reply to her query.