Well, here we are...but where is Sansafix?

We are awaiting a new firmware update any day now and Sansafix has been absent for almost two weeks. What a time for a vacation! (I hope we see Sansafix again…our one true friend…)

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-07-2009 12:38 PM

@bobletteross wrote:
We are awaiting a new firmware update any day now and Sansafix has been absent for almost two weeks. What a time for a vacation! (I hope we see Sansafix again…our one true friend…)

He has been here. Just not posted. I wouldnt expect him to. He is very busy getting this release out.  Be patient. It should be here today… Tomorrow at the latest in my guess.

@bobletteross wrote:

He’s probably been busy helping to finish the update :smiley:

The Zen Master has been very busy.  Once the firmware is ready, I’m sure we’ll see him again!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

:smiley:I think he could be the only one working on the firmware!

Also what do you mean by ZenMaster? 

@yelped wrote:

Haha.

More likely he has nothing to do with retooling the firmware.

Aside from being knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, engaged and responsive (well, until recently, heh), it’s not clear to me what sansafix’s professional relationship to SanDisk is, but I suspect SanDisk may be a customer of his (or hers) as he and likely the administrator and moderator(s) are employees of Lithium Technologies which hosts and administers this board and perhaps manages some other marketing aspects for SanDisk.

http://www.lithium.com

Which is to say, he may be busy under another hat as ipod-fix on another board for another customer of Lithium’s.  Joking, but I suspect that’s not far off.

SanDisk outsources a number of its activities, including for example the store websites for the company, and probably several or all of the Fuze’s parts.  The Fuze’s brain, the AS3525 chip, is manufactured by Austria Microsystems:

http://www.austriamicrosystems.com/eng/Products/Mobile-Entertainment/High-Performance-Microcontrollers/AS3525

And it’s more likely that they write the firmware or even outsource it themselves to a third party in perhaps India or China.

Revelation?  Hardly.

But this is to say that as a few posters were parsing sansafix’s words about a delivery date, he may well be doing his own parsing of secondhand word of a vendor’s due date, so he may be nearly as in the dark as we.

Lithium’s principal job may be to present a face of SanDisk online through various informational webpages and through interactions with the consumer via the board, which they then distill and pass on by report to SanDisk.

And judging by the ministration of the many firmware requests and by the management of this board, they seem to be doing a fine job.

@fyooz wrote:

@yelped wrote:

Haha.

<–Snip–>

Ok Fyooz you really like to write books when you post dont you. SansaFix is a Sansa Firmware Developer. Where he or she works, or their capacity in their role there, is irrelevant. All that matters is that SansaFix is the Formost knowlege when it comes to the inner workings of the player, and the firmaware, and is our link to the development process. As Far as I am concerned Sansafix is an omnipotent being sent here from another planet. So if he is here or not is not important.

AMS supplies SanDisk with the chips, along with datasheets and a very basic firmware sometimes, and SansaFix works on the rest.

@conversionbox wrote:

@fyooz wrote:

@yelped wrote:

Haha.

<–Snip–>

Ok Fyooz you really like to write books when you post dont you. SansaFix is a Sansa Firmware Developer. Where he or she works, or their capacity in their role there, is irrelevant. All that matters is that SansaFix is the Formost knowlege when it comes to the inner workings of the player, and the firmaware, and is our link to the development process. As Far as I am concerned Sansafix is an omnipotent being sent here from another planet. So if he is here or not is not important.

So …Sansafix right? :wink:

Keep the green glowing iPuds away from him!:smiley:

@yelped wrote:
AMS supplies SanDisk with the chips, along with datasheets and a very basic firmware sometimes, and SansaFix works on the rest.

Regarding sansafix, is that right?  How do you know that?  Have you a link with some background he posted about himself? 

I searched a bit and read nothing to indicate he works the firmware himself, ha!  If that’s the case, it’s wonderful that SanDisk has someone who designs the firmware directly responding to consumers’ wishlists, complaints and other miscellaneous issues.

I was impressed before and I am even more impressed now!

Thank you for the correction.

@fyooz wrote:

@yelped wrote:

Regarding sansafix, is that right?  How do you know that?  Have you a link with some background he posted about himself? 

I searched a bit and read nothing to indicate he works the firmware himself, ha!  If that’s the case, it’s wonderful that SanDisk has someone who designs the firmware directly responding to consumers’ wishlists, complaints and other miscellaneous issues.

I was impressed before and I am even more impressed now!

Thank you for the correction.

The only way we know are his direct comments with regard to what is or is not on the Firmware, and what is or is not on the project list.

Conversionbox wrote:  

sansafix’s role as a “Sansa Firmware Developer,” if that is the case, is quite relevant and is of interest to a number of posters I’ll wager.  For one, I would evaluate what a developer has to write about what is forthcoming, what is feasible and what is not about the very product on which he is working differently than that of an observer.

Regardless, who made you the arbiter of what is relevant and what is not?  You seem to pass judgment on quite a number of members’ posts.

And yours of mine is unwelcome.  As much I imagine as my judgment is of yours:  as often as not, an unending stream of misspelled, ungrammatical, knee-jerk and nonsensical diarrhea, some of which, in your effort to respond to nearly every thread on every topic, is dead wrong.

Let’s keep it simple:  don’t talk to me.  Don’t respond to any of my posts and I will return the courtesy.

Fyooz-

Time for a wee bit of introspection.  Read your title above, “Who made…”  At 16 postings thus far, are you this arbiter?  You’ve managed to sling insults at Conversionbox, Sansafix, and SanDisk, throwing in demeaning statements and a rant against, let’s see…everyone, including companies partnered with SanDisk.

I have no idea where your “conspiracy theory” comes from, but it is amusing and insulting all in one package.

Personal attacks and insults simply cannot be tolerated.

Bob  :cry:

Less arguing, more new threads asking if the new firmware is out yet!

@neutron_bob wrote:

Fyooz-

Time for a wee bit of introspection.  Read your title above, “Who made…”  At 16 postings thus far, are you this arbiter?  You’ve managed to sling insults at Conversionbox, Sansafix, and SanDisk, throwing in demeaning statements and a rant against, let’s see…everyone, including companies partnered with SanDisk.

I have no idea where your “conspiracy theory” comes from, but it is amusing and insulting all in one package.

“Conspiracy theory”?  Huh?  Tell me you’re joking.

As to Lithium Techonolgies’ management of this board?  Or a logical guess that sansafix may be working with Lithium as well?  There’s nothing conspiratorial about it.

My observing the obvious regarding Lithium was not meant to be idle chatter, it had a stated purpose regarding parsing sansafix’s words over a firmware due date.

And to my eye there is nothing insulting about an association with Lithium Tech which looks to be doing a bang-up job of running this website.  Is there to yours?

I have no idea what you mean by “demeaning statements and a rant” and “sling[ing] insults”…“at everyone.”  Oh, my.  It all sounds rather melodramatic!

Regarding Conversionbox specifically, he has passed quick and negative judgment about a number of members’ posts and then about mine and so I reacted.  I stand by what I wrote.

Please people, it takes a little time to post a reply…so why not take a few extra seconds and think, reflect, and be patient and respectful of one another…lets give each of us the benefit of the doubt and not take too much of it personally…

Newbies, you have as much right as anyone to post, ask and suggest on this forum, but be aware that others have established “relationships” with each other and wish to continue to promote a supportive dialogue with each other and the powers that be both on the forum’s administrative level and Sansdisk’s techies.
Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-08-2009 07:39 AM

@fyooz wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Fyooz-

<–Snip–>

Regarding Conversionbox specifically, he has passed quick and negative judgment about a number of members’ posts and then about mine and so I reacted.  I stand by what I wrote.

Fyooz I saw nothing wrong with your reaction to me. It would have been more appropriate had you sent that to me in a PM. Also my post was my opinion. I was stating nothing as fact. As for my negative reaction to your post… If you mean the book comment it was good natured, I promice, It was just an observation that several of your posts that I have read are very long. All are well informed and all see to be well intentioned, they are just long. If there was another problem then that is what it is. But as for me this thread is dead.