Weird replay gain behavior

Sometimes after I load a batch of music on the player, there’s at least one song that will play at abnormally high volume when it comes on. When I look at the track info, the replay gain value is set to something ridiculous like 100+, which is not the value that was in the tag when I put the music on the Fuze. Nearly blows my ears out. It’s as if the Fuze is altering the tag value, just wondered if anyone else has had anything like this happen. The songs are .flacs

Message Edited by Bexicon on 05-31-2010 06:45 PM

Bexicon wrote:

Sometimes after I load a batch of music on the player, there’s at least one song that will play at abnormally high volume when it comes on. When I look at the track info, the replay gain value is set to something ridiculous like 100+, which is not the value that was in the tag when I put the music on the Fuze. Nearly blows my ears out. It’s as if the Fuze is altering the tag value, just wondered if anyone else has had anything like this happen. The songs are .flacs

Message Edited by Bexicon on 05-31-2010 06:45 PM

Does it only happen with .flacs?

I don’t really put other formats on it so I don’t know if it’s only flacs, but I figured if it happened to other people with mp3s I probably would have heard about it by now.

What software are you using? Try using different programs if one doesn’t work.

Bexicon wrote:

I don’t really put other formats on it so I don’t know if it’s only flacs, but I figured if it happened to other people with mp3s I probably would have heard about it by now.

I haven’t noticed it on my Clip+, but even with the Fuze I had before, I never put .flac on it. …just mp3 and wma. With those formats it never happened to me.

Alas, had a feeling I was the only one. Well thank you anyway Martin.

Halonachos: I don’t think I’m having problems with any software, the music plays fine on my computer, problem is only on the Fuze.

Message Edited by Bexicon on 05-31-2010 10:05 PM