Weird failure mode, cache drive just keeps being reported as not connected...

I find that after a while express cache software likes to say the drives gone, i exit out, and reopen, my cache is sitll full, and the drive is caching again,  the windows service never stops during this period, and it happens pretty often after i leave my system on for a while, not sure whats going on.

Yeah… Mine does that error too. Here’s the screenshot. Not only that, I think my computer got slower. 1.3 is really buggy!!!

1.3 error

I’ve started seeing that message too after upgrading too. 

I see. Everyday it is happening to my system. My boot time got slower… Opening of applications got slower as well. It is as if the ssd is on USB connection! Of course it’s not, it is connected to my mobo quite securely and there’s no way that an accidental disconnection might happen and I am not doing anything to its partition as well…

Although version 1.21 has a dated UI and also has bugs like the false flushing of the cache error message, my workstation’s performance is top notch when that was installed. 

This issue has been reported to the dev team and is currently being investigated. Hopefully we will have more information soon.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

This hard disk is a disagreeable surprise every day.

Forgive my English use a translator

Thank you very much. Good to know that this issue is already under investigation. :smiley:

I should reitirate that my boot times are not being accelerated now. Even with 24-27GB of used portion of cache and the system read is definitely higher than the cache read. Although I am manually defragmenting my drive C right now using defraggler and after that I will reset the cache back to zero for a clean slate.

@Admin slotmonsta

Thank you very much. Good to know that this issue is already under investigation. :smiley:

I should reitirate that my boot times are not being accelerated now. Even with 24-27GB of used portion of cache and the system read is definitely higher than the cache read. Although I am manually defragmenting my drive C right now using defraggler and after that I will reset the cache back to zero for a clean slate.

UPDATE: After I did just what I wrote up there, boot time and application startuo performance came back and now, they are back to the way they were. Hopefully, it will stay this way until the cache goes up again till 25GB.