water in my sansafuze

i was out for a little jogging, unfortunately the rain appears, sometimes later the water was in my screen.

Since that time, i am not able to turn on my sansafuze.

question #1 : it’s that normal, the insertion of water in my sansafuze ? It’s not sealed

Question #2: i am able to connect on my Pc, but i am not able to turn on. ( i tried a reset, but it doesn’t works)

The warranty period is over.

Do you have suggestions for me ?

Excuse my english i am not bilingual

Dominique 

Your player might be okay after it dries out. The worst thing you can do though is try to turn it on or connect it to a pc while it is wet. If a player gets wet with plain water and is left off for a few days, it will probably be okay.

Salt water is the worst thing though, and a player might not survive after being wet with salt water.

When I think it might rain, I take a small plastic bag with me to put the player in. If the rain is very  light I might still listen to the player while it is in the bag, but if the rain gets heavy, I seal the player and the earphone in the bag.

thanks a lot

domdel wrote:

question #1 : it’s that normal, the insertion of water in my sansafuze ? It’s not sealed

Have you ever heard the phrase, “Does a frog have a watertight **bleep**?”

The answer is no, and neither does the Fuze.

@domdel wrote:

i was out for a little jogging, unfortunately the rain appears, sometimes later the water was in my screen.

Since that time, i am not able to turn on my sansafuze.

Question #2: i am able to connect on my Pc, but i am not able to turn on. ( i tried a reset, but it doesn’t works)

The warranty period is over.

Do you have suggestions for me ?

Excuse my english i am not bilingual

Dominique 

Assuming the player didn’t completely short out when you tried to turn it on or connected it to the PC, one of the best ways to dry out small electronic devices is to put it in a container with some white rice ( dry , not cooked) for several days. The rice will absorb the moisture.

Tapeworm wrote: 

Have you ever heard the phrase, “Does a frog have a watertight **bleep**?”

No, I have not.